Job Advertisement- Internal and External
Ethiopian Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is looking for qualified candidates to fill Planning and M&E Coordinator position.
Purpose of the Job:
To be the focal point in planning, monitoring and evaluation system of the EHRC’s projects and programs, establishment of program implementation and reporting tools, data management systems, ensure program data analysis and dissemination on time.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation activities across all levels of the EHRC and its programs
- Coordinate the design and implementation of a baseline assessment for programs and projects in collaboration with coordinators in the Thematic Functions and Directorates
- Coordinate the development of monitoring and evaluation framework, processes, systems, and guidance, ensuring data systems are established to measure progress against the program log frame indicators.
- Develop and ensure maintenance of program databases (including data entry, validation, merging, cleaning, and storage).
- Coordinate the monitoring and evaluation of different plans of EHRC’s Thematic Functions and Directorates to avoid duplication between and among departments, divisions and regions and report any duplication.
- Develop a monitoring and reporting calendar for the EHRC’s programs and projects and follow up their implementation.
- Provide technical guidance on monitoring and reporting, including conducting trainings and provide support for partners in the use of systems and tools for collecting monitoring data.
- Collect information on functional performance, internal operation, new innovations, environmental analysis related to human rights, etc., from various internal and external sources to develop strategic options
- Provide Monitoring & Evaluation support to Thematic Functions and Directorates for the compilation and completion of donor reports, including leading the design and roll-out of reporting initiatives for programs and projects.
- Closely work with Partnership Coordinator- resource mobilization to ensure donor reporting is completed in compliance with the donor requirements.
- Ensure that the data collected for Monitoring and Evaluation is checked, verified and up to date for the purpose
- Evaluate the analysis made on program data by various experts of the Commission.
- Coordinate and conduct regular field monitoring visits to ensure data quality and compliance against schedule and reporting.
- Document good practice and actively share lessons learned, including developing a strategy for identifying, reflecting on, and disseminating learning internally and externally.
- Support the Thematic teams, Coordinators and Experts in the Directorates in organising and facilitating program planning and learning meetings.
- Compile, analyse and disseminate quantitative and qualitative information for improved programs decision making.
- Prepare monthly programme data reports for dissemination
- Perform additional assignments given by the Directorate
REPORTS TO : Director, Strategy Planning & Results Management
DURATION : Open Contract
SALARY RANGE : Gross monthly salary of ETB 25,756.00- ETB 30,676.00 plus ETB 8,000.00 Housing allowance and ETB 1,900.00 Transport allowance, depending on candidates qualification, experience and earning history
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong knowledge of Amharic and English is required. Knowledge of other local languages is advantageous
- MA/BA Degree in Law, International Law, Human Rights, Political Science, International Relations, or related fields.
- Computer literate;
- 8 years of relevant experience for BA and 6years of relevant experience for MA.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should write a covering letter, explaining why they are interested in this role, why they are the right person for the job with a recent CV which should be sent to the following email address: HRM@ehrc.org
- Please include the name of the position on the subject of the email
- Women candidates are encouraged to apply
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and written exam