Saint Gabriel Catholic Health Center (SGCHC) is a not-for-profit nongovernmental organization owned by the Ethiopian Catholic Church (ECC-SDCO,A.A.), and run in collaboration with Brothers of Our Lady of Lourdes or Brothers of Good Works in Ethiopia. The mission of SGCHC is to provide holistic, affordable and quality health care to all, in a compassionate and loving environment consistent with the Christian principles on which we are founded on and promoting access to health care to the less privileged and vulnerable social groups, like women and children and the financially destitute.
SGCHC is providing comprehensive health care services to the population of the catchment area and neighboring woredas in line with the government and the Ethiopian Catholic Church health policy. Accordingly, for the successful implementation of the health center project activities, St. Gabriel Catholic Health Center would like to invite interested and qualified applicants for the following position.
Job Summary-The Pharmacist/ Druggist is responsible for the day to day activities at the dispensing units and medical warehouse. The pharmacist will also be responsible to plan, organize and coordinate pharmacy services.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing prescriptions from health care workers to ensure accuracy, to ascertain the needed ingredients and to evaluate their suitability for the patient.
- Providing information and advice about drugs, their side effects, correct dosage and proper storage.
- Keeping records such as pharmacy files, patient profiles, inventories and registries of controlled drugs.
- Working with other health professionals to plan, monitor, review or evaluate the quality or effectiveness of drugs.
- Maintaining stock and storing and handling it properly.
- Analyzing prescribing trends to monitor patient compliance and to prevent over or under stock.
- Maintains contact with other department heads, medical staff and nursing staff to determine needs, resolve problems, improve processes and promote effective drug therapy.
Number Required – Two
Education/ Training Required- BSc Degree/Diploma from recognized University or College.
- A minimum of 4 years’ proven work experience for professionals having BSc degree or 6 years’ experience for professionals having diploma in the specified field of study.
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel etc.)
Licenses & Certifications: Licensed as a Pharmacy Professional or Druggist
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the minimum requirements should submit their application letter together with non-returnable CV and copies of supporting documents to HR and Property Administration Unit of St. Gabriel Health Center which is located at the backside of the Transport & Road Authorities (driving training center) and 500m from Water Works Construction Enterprise.
Applicants may apply in writing to: ECC St Gabriel Catholic Health Center
P.O. Box 13236 Addis Ababa, Or
Applicants can apply to the following email address
For more information, please do not hesitate to call us on 0114-39 45 34.