At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
About Accelerating Support to Advanced Local Partners (ASAP)
ASAP is funded through an Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity Contract (IDIQ) led by IntraHealth. The purpose of the contract is to rapidly prepare Local Partners to have the capabilities and resources to serve as Prime Partners for USAID/U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) programming, in compliance with USAID and PEPFAR procedures, for PEPFAR program implementation.
Position: Performance Monitoring and Quality Improvement Advisor
Position Location: Addis Ababa
Travel Requirements: Willingness to travel outside Addis Ababa
Duration of Assignment: Six months
Summary of Role
The Performance Monitoring and Quality Improvement Advisor is responsible for the overall leadership and technical guidance in providing capacity-building support to USAID Local Implementing Partners (LIPs) in project performance monitoring and improvement and delivery of results and quality. S/he will provide embedded technical assistance in ensuring consistent quality and performance of local prime organizations by developing a comprehensive TA package that meets USAID/PEPFAR quality requirements. Works closely with ASAP advisors supporting the multiple organizational domains and coordinate with International Implementing Organizations providing TA to local organizations to avoid duplication of resource and effort. The Performance Monitoring and Quality Improvement Advisor will report to the ASAP Ethiopia Country Team Leader.
· Develops QM/QI training materials, providing training of trainers, coaching, and mentoring of staff members
· Reviews the LIPs’ existing quality management plan and providing recommendations
· Provides QM/QI training
· Provides QM/QI coaching and mentoring LIP team members
· Provides TA to LIPs to monitor progress in QI by tracking selected QI/QM indicators
· Reviews each LIPs QM/QI activities and support to establish and strengthen QM/QI system
· Helps the QI teams to convene routine QI team meetings, follow a
QI plan, and routinely review performance
· Assists QI teams in complying with service delivery standards
· Develops a written QI plan that should be implemented with defined roles
· Assists in data analysis and visualization
· Provides support in SIMS assessment
· Assists in the development of supportive supervision and data quality tools
· Supports each LIP in the implementation of routine data quality assessments
· Provides TA to LIPs to monitor progress in QI by tracking selected QI/QM indicators over time
· Provides strategic and technical leadership support to LIPs in performance monitoring and evaluation, results reporting, data utilization for program decision making
· Supports the development and implementation of a monitoring and evaluation system that capture all the project activities and results
· Adapts the Performance Monitoring System to remain consistent with the MoH framework and USAID reporting requirements
· Supports LIP in developing a system to meet USAID and PEPFAR reporting requirements
· Provides TA to LIPS to ensure adherence to technical quality and fulfillment of programmatic activities within the work plan and budget.
· Support management and accountability through routine, accurate collection, and reporting of information that confirms the status of program activities
· Develop quality control systems needed for LIPs to properly manage information and data
· Train LIP staff in using performance monitoring and improvement tools
· Supports the process of developing and presenting quarterly project progress reports to USAID
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Social Science, Statistics, Business Administration or related field with a minimum of 8 years of experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, and performance improvement work in an International NGO setting
- Experience in and familiarization with quality improvement concepts, standards, and models that are aligned to the MOH and PEPFAR/USAID requirements
- Work experience in HIV program performance data analysis and visualization
- Experience in monitoring PEPFAR, USAID, and/or other donor-funded projects.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating HIV/AIDS, prevention, care, treatment programs
- Experience in providing Organizational Capacity Development Technical Assistance
- Ability to work with a high level of independence, using own initiative
- Demonstrate interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work effectively on a team.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Must have analytical skills, interpersonal skills, team management
- Willingness to be co-located with Local Partner to provide technical assistance.
How to Apply
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment that supports health workers, so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1