Serve as a national office key resource for the conceptualization, development, and implementation of youth development programs; support the acquisition and management of grant projects; develops capacity among local partners in youth program implementation, management and evaluation; and promotes networking with relevant stakeholders.
- Take lead and provide technical assistance in the design, development and implementation of the organization’s youth development programs.
- Design and lead implementation of program initiatives that prepares youths for gainful employment, enable them to make healthy reproductive health decisions, Youth engagement in civic duties as volunteers and change agents in their communities and support the youth in healthy transition into adulthood.
- Contextualize Life Stage 3 Theory of Change as necessary; and develop and roll out Youth Development Program strategy.
- Design strategies and guidelines to promote involvement of the youth in program assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation and promote youth participation in promoting the safety and protection of children and youth.
- Monitor the program implementation and provide suggestions for improvement; Conduct assessment on the projects interventions in the operational area to identify potential gaps and design relevant interventions to address the gaps identified.
- Coordinate surveys relevant to the core program component in ChildFund Ethiopia’s operational areas and ensure that the findings are used to inform program development.
- Ensure that local partners are using standard indicators to measure progress toward core outcomes.
- Support capacity building efforts of the organization and strengthen capabilities or skills of Country Office and Local Partners’ staff in various functions through mentoring, training, knowledge/information exchange, experience sharing and technical support.
- Support CSP and Annual operating plan development of the Country Office.
- Support LPs in the development of their strategic plans and annual operating plan and budget.
- Take technical leadership during grant acquisition for youth focused programs/projects; Support the intelligence gathering, prepositioning of NOs, rapid response to competitive bids, and general project development and negotiations with donors in support of grants acquisition and management of youth focused projects.
- Monitor and follow-up on the skilled and involved youth interventions of projects and ensure that they meet minimum standards; Document best practices and disseminate the same to relevant partners across the organization and beyond.
- Organize and facilitate training programs for project staff, community and partners in providing appropriate support to promote skilled and involved youth.
- Cultivate partnerships for new resources; promote networking, collaboration and engagement with relevant platforms & processes within the Country office program initiatives; and represent ChildFund Ethiopia at relevant youth oriented forums.
- Review and keep updated on Government of Ethiopia policies and practices in the fields of youth development at local and national level in close collaboration with the MoWCY; and advice the Country Office on changes in strategic directions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 years’ experience in youth development programming, preferable with an International NGO.
- Demonstrated experience in serving as a technical specialist in multi-cultural work environments focusing on program development and management.
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop and foster relationships internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to represent and interact with donors, government officials, international organizations and NGO representatives.
- Excellent administrative, communications, negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Strong proposal development and writing skills
- Demonstrated capacity in grant management
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and report writing skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft office (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook).
- Bachelor’s or higher-level degree required. Equivalent relevant experience maybe acceptable in lieu of degree.
How to Apply