Internal / External Vacancy Announcement
Save Your Holy Land Association (SYHLA) is an indigenous non-governmental organization established not for making profit. SYHLA is undertaking various projects such as Sexual & Reproductive Health, Girls’ Education, and Caring for Vulnerable Children projects in selected districts of North Wollo Zone, Amhara regional state. SYHLA strives to mobilize the community in health, education and eco-tourism to bring about desirable changes in life and the environment in collaboration with individuals, community and institutions. Therefore, SYHLA seeks to employ qualified personnel for its USAID donated HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Services Project implementing in collaboration with Amhara Development Association at Woldia, Kobo, Raya Kobo, Mersa, Lalibela and Sekota towns. Hence SYHLA would like to invite competent applicants for the OVC Primary prevention and Gender Officer job position.
Duties and responsibilities of OVC Primary prevention and Gender Officer
Job Summary: The OVC Primary Prevention Service officer will be responsible to identify, screen and enroll 9 to 14 years old exposed for HIV children, and facilitate the procurement of training materials and facilitate the provision of sexual violence and HIV primary prevention trainings with PEPFAR/USAID approved IMpower and Sinovuyo curriculums. He is also responsible to collect the required data and prepare reports using develop tools.
Duty and Responsibilities
- Prepare action plan and produce consolidated and well organized monthly, quarterly, and annual reports of the OVC PP service and submits on time to M&E officer and PC.
- Participate in staff meetings and in quarterly stakeholders review meetings, in different workshops and trainings when invited.
- Ensure that the targeted sub populations are exhaustively identified, screened, enrolled and appropriately trained in the IMpower & Sinovuyo curriculums.
- Work in collaboration with local government offices, schools, community and local community structures like PLHIV associations to achieve the project objectives.
- Focus on the wellbeing of children and in safeguarding & child protection matters for prevention of HIV and sexual violence/rape with a focus on highly vulnerable children and their caregivers.
- Deliver to meet that the given target for project implementation activities on the specified time
- Ensure appropriate referrals to social centers for prevention and other OVC activities and provide technical support and ensure the referral systems are efficient and effective.
- Provide technical assistance to IMpower TOI and Instructors and Sinovuyo training facilitators during TOT and cascading to teens.
- Monitoring, mentoring and providing supportive supervision at spot level to improve the quality of primary prevention services provided to OVC and their caretakers.
- Conduct school and home to home visits to assess the outcome of the training provided
- Draw lessons, best practices and success stories to write for reporting and documentation purpose
- In addition to the above listed duties and responsibilities, he shall perform other appropriate activities assigned by the organization.
Project: USAID funded Family-Focused HIV Prevention, Care & Treatment Services
Reports to: Immediate Supervisor
Duty station: Woldia
Working place: Woldia, Kobo & Lalibela
Term of Employment: Full time for 12 months contract (October 1, 2021 to September30, 2022) with a possibility of extension based on the proven performance of the employee and the continuation of the project.
Qualification / Skill
- MSc/BSc/MA/BA in Public Health, HO, Sociology, Social Work, Psychology, Economics or other related SS fields and Certificate on Parenting, Caring Family, IMpower
- 2/4 years, 2 of which on PEPFAR /USAID funded HIV/AIDS programs
How to Apply
Interested applicants who fulfill the minimum requirements are invited to apply and submit your signed application letter, updated CV and non-returnable photocopies of all academic credentials, testimonials and any other supporting training certificates and related work experiences in person to Dessie ADA Building (Building 4th floor, room number 407) within Ten (10) consecutive days from the date of announcement. For remote applicants you can use this email address to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted for evaluation. Exam date & place will be notified for short listed candidates through phone calls.
SYHLA encourages female candidates to apply.