Internal / External Vacancy Announcement
Save Your Holy Land Association (SYHLA) is an indigenous non-governmental organization established not for making profit. SYHLA is undertaking various projects such as Sexual & Reproductive Health, Girls’ Education, and Caring for Vulnerable Children projects in selected districts of North Wollo Zone, Amhara regional state. SYHLA strives to mobilize the community in health, education and eco-tourism to bring about desirable changes in life and the environment in collaboration with individuals, community and institutions. Therefore, SYHLA seeks to employ qualified personnel for its USAID donated HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Services Project implementing in collaboration with Amhara Development Association at Woldia, Kobo, Raya Kobo, Mersa, Lalibela and Sekota towns. Hence SYHLA would like to invite competent applicants for the Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist job position.
Duties and Responsibilities for OVC Case Management Service Office
Job Summary: The OVC Case Management Service Officer is responsible to develop, implement and strengthen capacity in an effective OVC strategy for the program to 1) identify OVCs; 2) perform a rapid needs assessment of identified OVCs and 3) provide services to OVC and siblings & caretakers; providing technical assistance and support to case workers, social service workers, stakeholders and partners to implement the above-mentioned strategy, establishing and maintaining effective referral networks; and fostering an environment to provide the OVC minimum package of services within a quality technical program. The role will also have a strong focus on providing a family approach to Care and Support training, mentoring & supervision in providing home-based palliative care for people living with HIV including nutritional assessments and ART adherence support, referrals to testing, prevention clubs and other services for OVCs.
Duties and responsibilities
- Plan, coordinate, implements and Monitors services for Orphan and Vulnerable Children (OVC) based on project scope.
- Enroll program beneficiaries based on the planned priorities and sub populations after fulfilling all necessary client entry & assessment formats.
- Conduct necessary assessments that are mandatory by the program to deliver different kinds of services to the clients i.e. House hold need and strengthening assessment, HIV risk assessment, Care plan etc.
- Follow up and Monitor needs and services delivering to HIV Positive children
- Follow up and Monitor Clinical cascade services for HIV positive children
- Establish and support Community Operation Triple Zero (COTZ) groups.
- Provides Follow up services to the OVCs in areas of Health, education and Psychological aspects of their lives.
- Ensure that the OVCs get planned packages of support regularly as per the case management process.
- Visits and Follow up OVCs Specially HIV Positive children and ensures they are getting adherence supports
- Report writing (Annual, biannual, quarterly and monthly) and also collecting and sharing success stories and best practices
- Work closely with Health Facilities to Support High Viral load C/ALHIV in order to support as per their needs
- Plan, organize, and conduct trainings and to build capacity of Social service works and Community Service volunteers.
Project: USAID funded Family-Focused HIV Prevention, Care & Treatment Services
Reports to: Immediate Supervisor
Duty station: Lalibela
Working place: Lalibela
Term of Employment: Full time for 12 months contract (October 1, 2021 to September30, 2022) with a possibility of extension based on the proven performance of the employee and the continuation of the project.
Qualification / Skill
- BSc/ BA, in Public Health, HO, Sociology, Social Work, Psychology, Economics or other related SS fields with Certificate on Better Parenting, Case Management
- 2/4 years, 3 of which on PEPFAR/ USAID funded HIV/AIDS programs
How to Apply
Interested applicants who fulfill the minimum requirements are invited to apply and submit your signed application letter, updated CV and non-returnable photocopies of all academic credentials, testimonials and any other supporting training certificates and related work experiences in person to Dessie ADA Building (Building 4th floor, room number 407) within Ten (10) consecutive days from the date of announcement. For remote applicants you can use this email address to apply: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted for evaluation. Exam date & place will be notified for short listed candidates through phone calls.
SYHLA encourages female candidates to apply.