Internal and External Vacancy Announcement
Union of Ethiopian Women and Children Associations (UEWCA) is non-governmental, apolitical, non-religious consortium of 80 women; children and girls focused CSOs that are engaging on empowerment and gender equality in all regional states and city administrations of the country. It is established in 2010 as a platform to voice the voice of its members and beneficiaries as well as capacitate and coordinate the efforts of its member CSOs towards women, girls and children empowerment; and realization of gender equality.
Currently, UEWCA is implementing different projects focused on addressing Social Accountability, Climate Change, Gender Responsive Budgeting, and Modern Slavery, Women Voice & Leadership issues with the fund obtained from VNG-International/ESAP, FEMENT, Farm Africa, Un Women, Action Aid, Plan International and OXFAM.
It is therefore seeking to hire qualified and experienced professional for the following vacant Positions.
Under the supervision of the Program Coordinator, the M&E Officer will be responsible for over sighting, implementing, monitoring and evaluation, systems to collect, analyze and document data and result of different projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Program Coordinator in activity planning and budget forecasting so that every team member and contract partners) understands the project activities and results indicators, and how to monitor these;
- Develop different level organizational and program/project M&E plans based on RBM principle;
- Coordinate & take part in program/project M&E with program/project & Finance officers, Donors & Implementers;
- Implement systems to track, monitor and document progress and result of the mentioned project;
- Perform monitoring, evaluation and reporting based on general techniques, tools and standards of effective & efficient program/project management;
- Ensure ongoing program/project implementation are in line with the approved program/project agreements and objective of the Union;
- Collect, review and analyze regular monitoring and evaluation reports of Project Implementing Partners Organizations (PIMOs);
- Prepare and submit standard and ad-hoc status and progress report on performance, success stories, learning and strategies for internal and external respective bodies;
- Provide support to PIMOs on result based data collection and reporting of performance, success stories and learning;
- Provide periodic summary of findings needed for project management (planning, implementation, decision making and communication) purposes;
- Support evaluation and research related activities;
- Prepare periodic activity and financial plan;
- Participate in and provide input to learning and capacity development events organized by the union and PIMOS;
- Upon request of the program coordinator, organize and participate in monitoring visits planned by the union, donor or project partners;
- Upon request of the program coordinator, support the union and grantees’ on baseline and end-line activities and other research activities for Impact Evaluation;
- Conduct any other duties in general support of UEWCA activity;
Department : Program
Reporting to : Program Coordinator
Terms of Employment : One year with possible extension
Required Candidate: One
- MA/BA Degree in Project Management, Economics, Gender, Sociology, Statistics, Development Studies and other related fields;
- Six/Eight years of relevant experience in program/project management (planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation) and learning;
- Practical experience of participatory planning, monitoring and evaluation approaches.
- Ability in data analysis and report writing skill;
- Excellent networking skills;
- Basic computer skills;
- Writing and analytical skills, proficiency in oral and written English.
- Relevant experience in Gender analysis and mainstreaming, project Design, implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation; Report Writing and Knowledge Management.
How to Apply
Applicants who fulfill the above mentioned requirements could submit cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae along with supporting documents/credentials in person within five working days of this announcement to the following address.
Union of Ethiopian Women and Children Associations (UEWCA)
Tel:-0116-36-81-51 Office location:-Yeka Sub –City Worda,08
Around:-Yeka Sub-City Chefe Health Center Near to Magic Carpet School
Email Application is not acceptable.
Female Applicants are encouraged!