Internal / External Vacancy Announcement
Save Your Holy Land Association (SYHLA) is an indigenous non-governmental organization established not for making profit. SYHLA is undertaking various projects such as Sexual & Reproductive Health, Girls’ Education, and Caring for Vulnerable Children projects in selected districts of North Wollo Zone, Amhara regional state. SYHLA strives to mobilize the community in health, education and eco-tourism to bring about desirable changes in life and the environment in collaboration with individuals, community and institutions. Therefore, SYHLA seeks to employ qualified personnel for its USAID donated HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Services Project implementing in collaboration with Amhara Development Association at Woldia, Kobo, Raya Kobo, Mersa, Lalibela and Sekota towns. Hence SYHLA would like to invite competent applicants for the Monitoring & Evaluation Officer job position.
Duties and Responsibilities for Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Job Summary: The M&E officer is fully responsible to the overall planning, monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting activities of the program under the Monitoring and evaluation specialist. Likewise, he/she will be responsible to develop/ utilize monitoring and evaluation tools, prepare monitoring checklists, lead field monitoring visits, collect periodic quantitative and qualitative data useful for informed decision making, organize review meetings, generate report using USAID DATIM & Unified Data System (UDS) through CommCare app and provide regular M&E technical support on the spot. In addition, the M&E officer should compile monthly, quarterly and annual reports for government, ADA/USAID and other partners and properly document the achievements and lessons of the program activities and disseminate to relevant stakeholders.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assure the contribution of the project to the National and Global Health Agenda, including an AIDS-free generation, the UN-AIDS 95/95/95 goals, and its targets of Ending HIV by 2030.
- Prepare action plan and produce consolidated and well organized monthly, quarterly, and annual reports of the project and submits them timely to the program coordinator.
- Strengthen the smooth communication and partnership by working together with key/signatory stakeholders and different like-minded partners.
- Based on the M&E findings, provide monitoring, evaluation and learning feedbacks and technical support to project officers to upgrade their work capacity.
- Facilitate and participate in staff meetings and in quarterly stakeholders review meetings, management meetings, different workshops and trainings when required.
- Conduct planned field level monitoring and supervision and submits field visit report to the program coordinator.
- Ensure that the standard target set for each project implementation activities are met on the specified time
- Ensure that the targeted sub populations are exhaustively identified, screened, enrolled and appropriately served in the program
- Ensure that all the necessary materials, resources & equipment are available for UDS CommCare real-time data entry
- Write lessons, success stories and best practices and attach copies with quarter & annual reports.
- Collect qualitative & quantitative data, analyze and interpret with the support of statistical computer software to generate sound M&E findings during the report writing
- Monitor that all updated SOPs, Guidelines, Job-aids and documents are always available and accessible to use for project implementation
- Follow-up the budget utilization of each project activities and if there is under or over utilization report to program coordinator and accountant to takes corrective measures
- In addition to the above listed duties and responsibilities, he shall perform other appropriate activities assigned by the organization.
Project: USAID funded Family-Focused HIV Prevention, Care & Treatment Services
Reports to: Immediate Supervisor
Duty Station: Woldia, Kobo, Mersa, Sekota and Lalibela
Term of Employment: Full time for 12 months contract (October 1, 2021 to September 30, 2022) with a possibility of extension based on the proven performance of the employee and the continuation of the project.
- MSc/MA/BSc/BA in Stat, Health, Economics, Management or other related SS fields, and Training Certificate on project M&E or PCM, DQIM, DATIM
- 2/4 years, 3 of which on PEPFAR /USAID funded HIV/AIDS programs as M&E officer
How to Apply
Interested applicants who fulfill the minimum requirements are invited to apply and submit your signed application letter, updated CV and non-returnable photocopies of all academic credentials, testimonials and any other supporting training certificates and related work experiences in person to Dessie ADA Building (Building 4th floor, room number 407) within Ten (10) consecutive days from the date of announcement. For remote applicants you can use this email address to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted for evaluation. Exam date & place will be notified for short listed candidates through phone calls.
SYHLA encourages female candidates to apply.