About Edukans Foundation
EDUKANS is an international development and humanitarian agency with its headquarters in the Amersfoort, Netherlands, and Country Ofﬁces in Ethiopia, Malawi, Kenya, and Uganda as well as operational presence in various countries including Ghana, middle, southeast Asia and Latin America. EDUKANS strongly committed in capacitating & supporting local partners and line government structures to provide marginalized children and young people with quality basic education and vocational skills trainings with innovative and practical tools. EDUKANS focus on four key program themes: quality basic education, vocational skills training, education in emergencies and equal opportunities for boys and girls (gender).
Currently Edukans Ethiopia is looking for qualified Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Senior Officer with relevant experience to support its MEL systems at organisational and project levels.
The purpose of the role is to lead on Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning (MEL) and Knowledge Management approaches, systems and activities and assure a credible impact evidence base to demonstrate Edukans performance at organisational and project levels to its stakeholders.
- Design and Establish Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Systems and Processes
- Develop and/ or strengthen existing Edukans MEL system, approaches and tools and ensure that there is effective MEL system to demonstrate Edukans performance at organizational and project levels.
- Ensure that all MEL processes adhere to corporate, contractual, and donor standards.
- Ensure that the country office MEL systems are synchronized with and feed into HQ MEL systems.
- Develop missing MEL systems and tools such as MEL guidelines, check lists and templates (e.g change story templates).
- Develop and/or provide technical inputs to MEL section during the design of project proposals and ensure that MEL is well integrated to applications in accordance with specific donor requirements.
- Put in place project tracking systems that will inform the status of each project in terms of burn rates, progress against results and challenges to inform management decisions.
- Ensure the implementation and utilization of MEL systems among Edukans relevant staff and local partners.
- Ensure MEL systems are gender responsive at organizational and project levels.
Planning and Reporting
- Lead the annual organizational level planning and reporting to ACSO (Authority for Civil Society Organizations) and for internal use (e.g performance review) at country office and HQ in collaboration with Country Director and Fund-Raising Manager.
- Coordinate project level progress reporting and ensure quality reporting and deadlines are met in collaboration with Programme Managers.
Oversee Data Collection Ensure Data Quality & Analyze Data
- Support and manage the team to create, disseminate, and support adaptation and use of standard templates and tools for performance monitoring.
- Provide training, coaching and feedback on data collection tools to ensure that field-based staff understand/ know how to accurately collect data.
- Support the programme team to plan and manage the recruitment, contracting and supervision of consultancy-based baseline, mid-term, and final evaluations.
- Oversee and ensure the collection and synthetization of data from field for data verification, including regular visits to the field to support implementation of MEL activities.
- Consolidate, analyze, and interpret MEL information to develop reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Supporting teams to implement gender integrated MEL so that we have all projects monitoring women’s and men’s participation and benefit and evaluating whether they are empowering women.
Support the application of data for evidence-based decision making, learning and dissemination of learning
- Establish knowledge management systems at organizational and project levels.
- Work with project management to integrate MEL data into project strategy modification, planning and decision-making processes.
- Ensure that the MEL system is used as an adaptive management tool to improve activity performance, promote ongoing learning and improvement, both at organizational and project levels.
- Share analyses and trends with project managers and team members to help synchronize program decision-making processes with M&E results.
- Work closely with the Programme Managers and field staff and regularly hold meetings to coordinate work and ensure that project work plans are on target to meet deliverables in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure M&E results are shared and flows transparently within the project team and to other organizational levels, as appropriate.
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia with regular field visits to project sites
- University Degree preferably in project planning and monitoring, development studies and other relevant social science fields.
Experience & expertise requirement
- Minimum 5 (five) years of relevant experience in the design and implementation of M&E in development projects with at least 3 years’ experience in INGO in similar position.
- Experience in designing M&E plan, tools and strategies for data collection, analysis, and production of reports.
- Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software.
- A thorough understanding of research methodologies and data, analysis, and dissemination processes
- Strong reporting writing and presentation skills including the use of multimedia and other presentation tools
- Direct experience of preparing and presenting a range of concise and timely project highlight reports for mixed audience groups including clients, partners, senior managers, and corporate stakeholders
- INGO experience in monitoring projects.
- Fluency in written and spoken Amharic and English.
- High analytical capacity
- Self-motivated, creative, and solutions-oriented with desire to provide high quality
- Excellent communication skills and ability to appropriately address diverse audiences
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can apply letter (maximum 1 page) and CV (maximum 3 pages) to email@example.com .
Relevant documents will be requested after screening.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified; and female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.