Role purpose and scope:
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager will be responsible for the monitoring and evaluation workplan and strategy of the project.
Summary of the key functions/responsibilities:
1. Develop full monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) workplan
2. Conduct baseline data collection in the results framework;
3. Communicate MEL plan to relevant parts of TA team;
4. Manage and deliver the MEL strategy and work for the duration of the GEQIP-E programme;
5. Work collaboratively with the Ed Dev Trust research and MEL teams;
6. Engage with Ethics process and board;
7. Engage with external M&E team when appointed as needed;
8. Take part in internal MEL activities and cross team meetings within Ed Dev Trust
9. Network with other key stakeholders to ensure that MEL plan fits with EMIS work, NLA work at the ministry of education, and other Regional Education Bureaus;
10. Supervise, coach and support the MEL officer
11. Reports to the MERA lead;
12. Engage with the network and incubation hub work as needed – filtering in analysis from the MEL work to inspire relevant and timely research;
13. Share and disseminate findings with all relevant internal and external stakeholders under the supervision of the MERA lead.
Advanced university degree (equivalent of Masters Degree), in Education, Statistics, Monitoring and Evaluation, Social Sciences or a related technical field.
Experience and skills
· At least 8 years of experience in designing, managing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating multi-year, multi-component education programmes working with systems design in developing countries;
- Knowledge of project planning, baseline development and results-based management;
- Demonstrated solid knowledge on education and on gender and inequity issues in relation to education and the application of gender/equity analysis to policy and planning in education;
- Demonstrated strong analytical, research skills, critical thinking;
- Demonstrated organizational skills, as well as the ability to work independently with minimum supervision and productively in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience and interest to work in teams and interactions with wider groups (local and international)
- Strong monitoring and evaluation background desired with an ability to design and analyse education data through proven methodologies;
- Significant experience in training and capacity building of staff and implementing partner agencies;
- Excellent data management skills, in particular use of Excel AND other statistical software (e.g. SPSS, STATA); proven experience in web based MEL platform development
- Excellent report writing and communication skills
- Ability to structure and collate datasets;
· Proven working experience in Ethiopia;
- Excellent written and spoken English.
How to Apply
Please follow the below link to apply for the position:-