Purpose of the position:
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning will have an overall responsibility for providing coordination and leadership for monitoring, evaluation and learning of the grant, including both formative (pre-intervention) and summative research (post-intervention). The position holder will guide staff and partners in preparing their progress reports in accordance with approved reporting formats and ensure their timely submission. This includes quarterly progress reports, annual project reports, inception reports, and ad-hoc technical reports.
• Lead overall project monitoring, evaluation and learning of the grant, including both formative (pre-intervention) and summative research (post-intervention).
• Develop the overall framework for grant M&E in accordance to the design document and donor requirements.
• Guide staff and partners in preparing their progress reports in accordance with approved reporting formats and ensure their timely submission. This includes quarterly progress reports, annual project reports, inception reports, and ad-hoc technical reports.
• Establish a learning culture within the organization and among implementing partners to document learnings and best practices for ongoing and future programing.
• Network with external and WV internal partners to promote learning and achieve M&E excellence.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Required Professional Experience:
· Minimum of 7 years of directly relevant experience, including at least 5 years USAID grant experience
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
· Minimum of Masters’ degree in Business Administration, Economics, Social Sciences, Information Systems, or Development related field
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
· Familiarity with USAID’s Collaborating, Learning and Adaption (CLA) approach
· Report writing, research, monitoring and evaluation skills
· Ability to design and manage assessments, baselines, and evaluations
· Proven experience in conducting research studies, baseline and impact evaluation surveys, preferably within multi-sector approaches
· Strong capacity building skills using different methodologies
· Proven competence in Statistical package including but not limited to SPSS, STATA, ODK, etc.
· Knowledge of various technologies that can leverage programming, such as GIS, Mobile solutions in research, etc.
· Excellent communication and writing skills in Amharic and English.
Travel and/or Work Environment
The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 25 % of the time
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to Recruitment_ethiopia@wvi.org or through ethiojobs.net.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”
Note: Recruitment is contingent upon project approval by the donor