|Job title:||Midwife Nurse|
|Location:||Amhara,Afar and Oromia|
|Reports to||Senior CMAM Program Officer|
|Number of Post||4|
|Closing date:||September 28, 2021,|
GOAL’s mission is to work with the most vulnerable communities to help them respond to and recover from humanitarian crises, and to assist them to build transcendent solutions to mitigate poverty and vulnerability.
GOAL is a non-for profit organization that has been working in Ethiopia for over 30 years across all the region of the country towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food and livelihoods, water and sanitation, nutrition, healthcare and education. GOAL implements a range of multi-sectoral development, resilience, recovery and humanitarian responses Programmes by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues including gender, accountably, child protection, HIV/AIDS.
We envision a world where poverty no longer exist, where vulnerable communities are resilient, where barriers to wellbeing are removed and where everyone has equal rights and opportunities. GOAL Ethiopia’s main donors are Irish Aid, USAID/OFDA, EHF, ECHO and other private donors.
About the position
The Mid Wife nurse will be responsible for technical quality implementation and delivery of the mobile health and Nutrition services in the assigned woreda. She will mainly be responsible for the daily implementation of the ANC, PNC, Family planning, consultation of pregnant mother outreach EPI, health education, sanitation, safe motherhood and child health.
She will also be responsible for the daily implementation of mobile health and Nutrition services package as per the standard, supporting health facilities assigned as integrated mobile health & Nutrition modality and daily dispensary and drug supply management. She will also be responsible for day to day documentation of programmatic activities.
The Mid Wife nurse will also work closely with the MHNT and senior CMAM program officer in the implementation of the project.
·Solid technical skill on case management of safe motherhood, childhood and adult illness.
· Knowledge, training and experience in management of FP, Reproductive health and IMNCI/ICCM,
· Strong knowledge on monitoring and evaluation and report writing,
· Ability to plan and organize work to meet individual, team and programme objective,
· Training and facilitation skill,
· Ability to effectively liaise with government, donors, NGOs, community leaders and other stakeholders,
· Fosters working in teams & team work spirit,
· Very good knowledge and practice of computer application,
Continually looks to improve personal skill, knowledge and work hence contribute to capacity building within the team and organization,
· Flexible and creative approach; keen to take initiative where appropriate
Desirable quality, skill and competence
Have good understanding and hands on experience on mobile health and nutrition projects.Familiarity to the local culture. Passionate, strongly dedicated and highly committed to work for the improvement of the poor Community.
· Able to respect the culture, value and customs of the community, recognizing the important role- cultural, historical and social factors play as an integral part of balanced development,
· Knowledge of local language & culture is a must; capable of communicating in English both in spoken and writing.
How to Apply
GOAL’s recruitment procedure is fair and transparent which is also in line with the organization’s commitment to its integrity, honesty and culture. GOAL is committed to ensure that, its performance complies with the terms and conditions of relevant agreements, applicable laws & regulations. Hence, pre-employment background checks will be conducted, and employees are required to read, understand, sign and implement different polices including safe guarding and child protection policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and abuse policy, sexual harassment policy, code of conducts and any other rules and regulation of the organization. GOAL is strongly committed not to harm the people under its care.
Interested and qualified applicants need to submit ONLY once their non – returnable application with CV for one vacancy. The vacancy reference number along with Job Title needs to be written in the application letter and/or subject of the email. Applicants can apply using the following option.
- Applicants who have access to the internet can directly submit their application to firstname.lastname@example.org (The vacancy reference number, Job Title along with the full name needs to be written on subject of the email, failing to do this will leads to disqualification)
GOAL strongly encourages female candidates to apply
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and exam.
Shortlisted candidates will need to submit other supporting documents upon request at later stage