KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Job specific roles and responsibilities
- Improving basic preventive health care at community level with emphasis health, immunization, health and nutrition services
- Conduct & undertake PHC like consultation & provide proper treatment based on the protocol
- Strengthening of linkages and coordination mechanisms between community and the woreda health bureaus
- Strengthening of early referrals mechanism in the Health facilities,
- Ensure pregnant and lactating mothers receive appropriate care and services in the Outreach and health facilities.
- Promote counseling of mothers on early initiation of Breast feeding and continue up to 2 years of age.
- Ensure all essential actions are put in place for sick and healthy babies in the outreach sites.
- Establish Mother to mother support groups in the outreach sites and provide one to one counseling.
- Plan and implement project outlined in the protocol for OTP and SC to achieve objectives of the project.
- The health and nutrition Midwifery Nurse will help facilitate admission of the patient at the OTP, and SC.
- Train and support the HEWs in severe acute malnutrition case management and follow-up (e.g., referral to SC) according to national guidelines.
- Train and support community-based volunteer health workers for the implementation of the community component of the project.
- Ensure each and every admitted child receives adequate and quality clinical and nutritional care through existing resources.
- Ensure at all times adequately equipped and supplied with the necessary nutritional and clinical requirements – Plumpy’nut, Vitamin A, routine drugs, nutritional equipment’s, nutritional/medical stationeries, etc.
- Assisting the planning and promotion of awareness creation on nutrition and preventative health care issues in the community.
Technical Support role
- Support communities to increase their knowledge and skills through training, exposure and joint actions
- Strengthen community self-mobilization through their leaders for participation in their planning, implementation and monitoring of activities
- Share latest development ideas and appropriate technologies to community members/groups
- Share information on support and cooperation opportunities with communities and other stakeholders
- Use a variety of extension methods, which are suited to the situation, and build the capacities (knowledge, and skills) of communities
- Promote constructive customary mechanisms and institution building with in communities
- BSc/College Diploma in Midwifery and/or other health related fields.
- At least Four years working experience in the field out of which two years NGO experience in related field
- Experienced in Midwifery and health program implementation –data collection and compilation, working with counterpart for lasting intervention, training of health workers, etc.
- Good written and spoken ability of the local language
- Extremely flexible, able to work independently, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
- Interest in and ability to work in team.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to work in remote and potentially insecure environments
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITY
- The position holder must have excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility and Relations to his team members.
- The position holder must have an ability that he can manage when it comes to reach hard decisions to across the barrier.
- The position holder should have a good interrelation ship with others and must now local language
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en