· MAIN REASON FOR THE POSITION – The MHPSS officer will provide for the psychosocial and needs of beneficiaries/patients/staff of the SP supported at the North Wollo different IDP sites Camp MMNU.
· BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION:
· Daily meet with beneficiaries/patients/staff to hear their psychosocial needs at the MMNU.
· Assist the MHPSS Coordinator in the development of protection mainstreaming plan, which incorporate elements of protection mainstreaming, staff trainings on PESA, SGBV and CP, establish complaint mechanisms (CMs) and response strategy.
· Collect, collate and disseminate SP MHPSS documentation, creating weekly and monthly reports to meet the reporting requirements and deadlines set by SP, Regional Health Bureau (RHB), Department of Health, WHO/UN agencies and Donors.
· Provide guidance and support to patients/beneficiaries/medical staff through various mechanisms.
· Work with staff to ensure care and communication is culturally sensitive.
· Provide guidance and community referral options as necessary.
· Strengthen referral linkages for the management of cases with SGBV between the MMNU and Hospitals or PHCs receiving MHPSS referrals.
· Conduct regular community meetings with leaders of representative groups—women, youth, and PWDs—will be held to receive input and give feedback on the project to the community.
· Ensure patient confidentiality is respected at all times.
· Ensures opportunities are in place for safe, confidential reporting and community feedback with mechanisms to ensure accountability.
· Participate in clinical trainings and mentoring provided by leadership in dissemination of new knowledge or protocols.
· Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Demonstrated sensitivity in diverse, cross-cultural settings.
2. Knowledge of Sphere and established international protection and GBV standards, methodology and tools
3. Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function.
4. Possesses strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
5. Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
6. Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
7. Must be a humble team player
8. Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
9. Willingness to travel in and out of the field.
10. Must have analytical and report writing skills.
11. High level of integrity and stewardship
12. Committed to the SP values and ethics
13. Proficient in making clinical decisions in the care of the patient population serving.
Education / Experience Needed
§ BA in counselling or social work with at least 2 years of counselling and social work experience
§ Current registration/licensure in social work or counselling
§ Strong knowledge of standards and guidelines for MhGAP, GBV and CP programming, coordination, and data management
§ 2 years’ work experience in MHPSS with an NGO, preferred
· Amharic, required
· English, required
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands will be dependent upon situation and event.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
o Work in a security context that is fluid
This is a non-contractual document that can be varied from time to time as circumstances dictate. This job description is intended to summarize the main duties and responsibilities of the post; this is not intended to be a full and exhaustive list of tasks. All SP staff is expected to demonstrate flexibility and willingness to perform appropriate tasks when the need arises.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can send only updated CV and application letter to email@example.com no later than October 2, 2022. Please write the position title you are applying for in the email subject line, “Mental Health Psychosocial Support Services (MHPSS) Officer ”
This Position is for 3 Month Contract with possible of Extension.