Saint Gabriel Catholic Health Center (SGCHC) is a not-for-profit nongovernmental organization owned by the Ethiopian Catholic Church (ECC-SDCO,A.A.), and run in collaboration with Brothers of Our Lady of Lourdes or Brothers of Good Works in Ethiopia. The mission of SGCHC is to provide holistic, affordable and quality health care to all, in a compassionate and loving environment consistent with the Christian principles on which we are founded on and promoting access to health care to the less privileged and vulnerable social groups, like women, children and the financially destitute.
SGCHC is providing comprehensive health care services to the population of the catchment area and neighboring woredas in line with the government and the Ethiopian Catholic Church health policy. Accordingly, for the successful implementation of the health center project activities, St. Gabriel Catholic Health Center/ECC-SDCO,.A.A./ would like to invite interested and qualified applicants for the following position.
Job Summary-The Medical Director is responsible for coordinating and directing the clinical and public health activities of the different departments of St. Gabriel Catholic Health Center, including professional duties; provides services to inmates and consultation to professional staff. Supervise all mid-level health care practitioners.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides supervision, clinical leadership, technical assistance and capacity building to health workers.
- Clinical consultation/examination of clients and conduct medical rounds.
- Ensure timely consultation and/or referral for complex medical cases which require further investigation and treatment.
- Manage use of medical resources for outpatient services including adult and pediatric OPD, HIV Care/ART, TB, MCH, Emergency, Ophthalmic and Dental OPD etc.
- Validate and monitor adherence to implemented policies, procedures, workflows and processes: identify, recommend and implement improvement initiatives accordingly.
- Provide though leadership to articulate and help build an effective and efficient medical delivery program.
- Support medical services management committee members in internal and external communications and ensure high level of client satisfaction.
- Identify trends, problems and opportunities, conduct root cause analysis and implement action plans in an effective and efficient manner.
- Develops and implements plans for performance improvement as needed.
- Chair or participate on committees as requested.
- Carries out assigned programs to assure the delivery of quality medical care, ensuring compliance with obligations and standards, and assisting in the development and implementation of new policy and programs as needed.
Education/ Training Required- MD Degree from an accredited medical school.
- A minimum of 5 years’ proven work experience in clinical and health care management setting.
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Experience in conducting training, capacity building;
- Demonstrated experience in cooperating with government offices.
- Excellent organizational and program management experience, including with staff work plans, budget management and monitoring and evaluation.
Licenses & Certifications: Licensed as a General Medical Practitioner
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the minimum requirements should submit their application letter together with non-returnable CV and copies of supporting documents to reception of Ethiopian Catholic Church Social and Development coordinating office of Addis Ababa, which is located in front of Anbessa Garage ( On the way from Bole to Megenagna, Near the ring road)
Applicants may apply in writing to: ECC St Gabriel Catholic Health Center
P.O. Box 13236 Addis Ababa, Or
Applicants can apply to the following email address
For more information, please do not hesitate to call us on: 0114-39 45 34.