Internal and External
Ethiopian Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is looking for qualified candidates to fill the following position.
Purpose of the Job:
Oversees creating public relations such as press releases, posts, and newsletters. This role also manages the media resource center of the Commission.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Harmonization/coordination of the media work across branch offices.
- Manage the media resource center.
- Contributes to EHRC’s blog or website and ensures the website has updated content and relevant information.
- Coordinate the written content for local newspaper or magazine.
- Harmonize a written content to support communications including newsletters, website copy, and brochures and press releases.
- Assist communications team in developing and implementing a communications strategy designed to further the commission’s objectives.
- Coordinate the response to media inquiries to maintain relationships with journalists and other members of the press.
- Coordinate the plan of press conferences and other promotional events.
- Perform outreach to press outlets, magazines, influencers and build strategic partnerships.
REPORTS TO: Communication and Media Director
DURATION: Open Contract
SALARY RANGE: Gross monthly salary of ETB 25,756.00 – ETB 30,676.00 plus ETB 8,000.00 Housing allowance and ETB 1,900.00 Transport allowance, depending on candidates qualification, experience and earning history
Qualifications and Experience:
- MA/BA in Journalism, Communication, Public Relations, International Studies, Political Science and other related field.
- 8 years of relevant experience for BA and 6 years of relevant experience for MA
- Experience in management of resources
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of Amharic and English is required.
- Knowledge of other local languages is advantageous.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should write a covering letter, explaining why they are interested in this role, why they are the right person for the job with a recent CV which should be sent to the following email address: email@example.com
Please include the name of the position on the subject of the email
Women candidates are encouraged to apply
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and written exam