FH Ethiopia is a non-governmental organization engaged in relief and development activities. At FH, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call the “The Heartbeat”. This includes our Values, Vision and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty. FH Ethiopia would like to invite potential candidates to apply on the following position:
Position: Logistics Officer (Transport, Fleet & Accommodation)
Duty Station: Bahirdar
Duration of Contract: One year contract (Renewable with 60 working days probation period)
Salary: As per the salary scale of the organization
Closing date: October 9, 2021
Under the direction of the Admin Coordinator, the Logistics Officer (Transport, Fleet & Accommodation) will be responsible in facilitating and coordinating transportation, ensuring the smooth movement, maintenance, and planning of all vehicles operated by FH Ethiopia in the region including accommodation arrangements to FH Ethiopia staff and guests arriving for field visits.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain daily vehicle movement schedule and records and assign vehicles (including motorcycles) as needed providing daily movement schedule by the close of business the previous day.
• Facilitate transportation and accommodation arrangements for staff for field visits as per the request submitted. Provide a coordinated and cost effective transportation service for all requests received from each department to facilitate program implementation and other office activities.
• Make sure standard procedures are followed while sourcing training related materials, training venues, catering services among others that are needed for implementing the program activities
• Responsible for safekeeping the hard copies and soft copies of fleet management forms, store documents, distribution reports, and other pertinent documents relating to logistics and material management.
• Keep up-to-date records for each and every movement of vehicles
• Undertake a follow-up on periodical vehicle repair and regular preventive maintenance that also includes planning for maintenance schedule and maintenance records to ensure that vehicles are technically fit to provide the intended services,
• Work with Mechanics to organize routine maintenance schedule for all vehicles and ensure that regularly used parts and tools are in stock.
• Conduct training and daily vehicle inspections along with drivers and mechanics; monitoring use of vehicles through log books
• Reconcile fuel usage with the actual KM traveled and facilitate for fuel replenishment,
• Produce a report on fleet of rental vehicle on monthly basis and facilitate for the timely settlement of rental fee. Ensure that rental vehicles deployed for FHE operation are technically fit, and facilitate for the yearly vehicle technical inspection
• Work with government and insurance companies to ensure proper documentation and annual insurance cover & inspection is provided for all vehicles that also includes the timely settlement of insurance claims as required. Handle air ticket booking and reservation of room for FHE staff/guest, and facilitate for the timely settlement of airfare fees and hotel bills
• Ensure that all drivers are properly licensed and that all vehicles have maintenance tools and other related equipment’s to run the vehicle properly.
• Perform other related tasks as assigned to him/her by the immediate supervisor.
SAFETY AND SECURITY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Encourages compliance of Safety and Security principles and policies of the organization by all staffs;
• Organizing local training sessions, such as First Aid, Fire Safety, and Defensive Driving for staff members. If possible, he/she should conduct briefing and training sessions himself/herself;
• Ensures that safety and security objectives are added to performance reviews and evaluations of all staff members;
• Encourages staffs to adopt safe and secure practices. Ensuring that updated personnel information related to safety (Record of Emergency Data) and security management are kept in Human Resources.
• Provide adequate time to staff to participate in gender sensitivity workshops and related events.
• Through observation, interviews, and spot-checks, ensure that the staff planning, Implementation, monitoring and Evaluation process is gender sensitive.
• Facilitate open and regular discussions with staff on about the work environment, policies, and values convenient to gender issues.
FH strives to provide an environment free from sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment in all places where relief and development programs are implemented. FH holds a zero-tolerance policy against sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment. FH expects its employees to maintain high ethical standards, protect organizational integrity and reputation, and ensure that FH work is carried out in honest and fair methods, in alignment with the FH Heartbeat and safeguarding and associated policies. Violations to stated policies will be subject to corrective action up to and including termination of employment.
- BA Management/Logistics and related discipline
How to Apply
Competent candidates can submit ONLY their application and CV to: email@example.com
Candidates MUST refer the position title “Logistics Officer (Transport, fleet & Accommodation)” on the subject line of their email and applications.