FH Ethiopia is a non-governmental organization engaged in relief and development activities. At FH, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call the “The Heartbeat”. This includes our Values, Vision and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty. FH Ethiopia would like to invite potential candidates to apply on the following position:
Position: Logistics Officer (Procurement)
Duty Station: Bahirdar
Duration of Contract: One year contract (Renewable with 60 working days probation period)
Salary: As per the salary scale of the organization
Closing date: October 9, 2021
Under the direction of the Admin Coordinator, the Logistics Officer(Procurement) will be responsible for processing and analyzing procurement requests, collecting and obtaining proper documentation, and following all procedures for properly purchasing goods, services and works required for maintaining smooth operations in FHE Bahir Dar Regional office and its Field Offices in the region. This includes ensuring purchase requests are clear, and processed in accountable manner involving the purchasing committee as necessary, working with multiple vendors and staff, and finalizing the timely delivery of goods to the intended location
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Purchases all goods and services of the Regional office in accordance with the purchasing/Procurement policies and procedures of FH Ethiopia;
• Perform Market analysis on a quarterly basis to identify new vendors and current costs of regularly used/purchased goods to update prequalified suppliers list and for use in planning purposes too.
• Receive Purchase requisition from the Regional staff for further processing, and make sure the PR authorized by the appropriate authority;
• Collects Performa invoices in sealed envelope upon receiving purchase requisitions;
• Prepare bids documents according to the detail specification;
• Expedite purchase orders for timely receipt of goods and services;
• Effects payments for purchased items after proper verification against specifications;
• Work with the staff, particularly budget holders and finance, to ensure timely payments to vendors who already delivered the items/services
• Collect purchased items and transport to store for handing over to the store keeper;
• Hand over purchased items to store keeper following the standard procedure;
• Ensures all goods purchased and received are of the right quality and quantity;
• Facilitate the processing of & the purchase of training materials, training venues, catering services, among others that are needed for the program operations according to the Procurement Policy
• Keep and maintain proper filing systems for all procurement completed including service contracts
• Work with Logistics Staff as a team to prioritize and monitor the daily progression of all requested goods and services including updating procurement tracking sheet on a daily basis
• Handle air ticket booking and reservation of room for FHE staff/guest, and facilitate for the timely settlement of airfare fees and hotel bills
• Perform other related tasks as assigned to him/her by the immediate supervisor.
FH strives to provide an environment free from sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment in all places where relief and development programs are implemented. FH holds a zero-tolerance policy against sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment. FH expects its employees to maintain high ethical standards, protect organizational integrity and reputation, and ensure that FH work is carried out in honest and fair methods, in alignment with the FH Heartbeat and safeguarding and associated policies. Violations to stated policies will be subject to corrective action up to and including termination of employment.
• BA in Purchasing and Supplies management and related discipline
• At least three (3) years of experiences relevant to the post
• Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
C) TECHNICAL SKILLS:
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, associates, other department directors and managers and external bodies.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, working area language (Amharic) and other local languages
• Effective interpersonal skills, intuitive, tact and a high sense of responsibility,
• Sensitivity to different aspects of diversity (cultural, religious, disability), firm belief in teamwork.
• Quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills
• Computer skills (word, Excel);
• Coaching, initiating action, communicating with impact, innovation, planning and organizing, building partnership, facilitating change, adaptability.
How to Apply
Women Candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Competent candidates can submit ONLY their application and CV to: email@example.com
Candidates MUST refer the position title “Logistics Officer (Procurement)” on the subject line of their email and applications.