Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
For nearly 60 years, CRS has taken the lead in responding to natural and man-made disasters affecting Ethiopia’s most vulnerable communities. Moving beyond emergency response, CRS’ disaster mitigation and recovery projects in drought and flood-prone areas have rebuilt individual and community assets through non-food aid in the form of agriculture, livestock, health, nutrition, and water and sanitation assistance. CRS’s humanitarian work in Ethiopia also provides livelihoods support to farmers and entrepreneurs, promotes gender equality, mobilizes for immunization and mitigates the impact of HIV.
As part of CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following position.
Position Title: Logistics Officer-Capacity Building
Department: Supply chain
Duty Station: CRS Ethiopia/Addis Ababa
Required Number: One
Employment Term: Indefinite Period
Reports To: Logistics Manager
Application Deadline: October 10, 2021
You will provide technical analysis and support in the area of Commodity and Capacity Building in line with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) policies and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practice to Title II Commodity staff, and CRS partners to advance the delivery of high-quality of Commodity management to the poor and vulnerable. Working closely with Supply Chain Manager and Logistics Manager your skills and knowledge will contribute to determining how effective, adaptive and innovative CRS’ Title II Commodity programming is across the globe.
- Research and analyze technical information from a variety of sources for technical problems to support CP teams in achieving technical excellence in ongoing Commodity and Capacity Building programs/projects.
- Support the development of Title II commodity management documents and tools, as well as technical manuals or guidance, training materials, and quality improvement and assessment guidelines.
- Collect and disseminate Commodity and Capacity Building related information and resources to CRS staff and partners and assist with organization, design and coordination of training workshops to support capacity building efforts. Identify new approaches and methods for online learning.
- Contribute to the learning agenda by researching and analyzing information, conducting literature reviews, mappings or information gathering from various internal and external sources on assigned topics. Coordinate maintenance of virtual resource and documentation distribution and creating awareness on the utilization of these documents.
- Coordinate in capacity gaps and weakness in internal control system related with the commodity management within CRS and partners, facilitate the training to address and create awareness relying to the new system and development on food commodity management according the donor procedure and CRS polices.
- Coordinate and facilitate on procuring warehouse equipment and warehouse documentations to comply on the need of each CRS PDP and consolidate weekly commodity movement reports as per requirements.
- Liaison and assist to ensure the performance of periodic checks in CRS/Partner offices, processes to strengthen systems in CRS and implements recommendations for improved systems to ensure that CRS is in compliance with CRS and donor standards.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Completion of 2nd Degree (Social or Natural Science) and 2 years relevant experience
- Completion of 1st Degree (Social or Natural Sciences) and 4 years relevant experience
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- General knowledge of technical principles and concepts in Commodity and Capacity Building.
- Knowledge of program design requirements and regulations of major donors.
- Knowledge of project design and proposal development.
- Knowledge of latest technological tools that have the potential to be applied in Commodity and Capacity Building.
- Strong English writing skills.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, knowledge-sharing networks.
- Good relationship management skills with ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary and multicultural teams
- Strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking capacity and skills
- Good writing skills
- Strong data collection and research skills and ability to interpret and analyze data
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
How to Apply
You should fill the application form through this link: https://form.jotform.com/212723385875060 and attach your up-to-date CV on/before the application deadline October 10, 2021
You will be contacted only if selected for written exam/interview. Phone solicitations will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only.
CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking.
** Qualified women & persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply**