Assisting the Logistics Coordinator in specific activities and assuming some delegated tasks, according to his/her instructions and MSF standards and protocols, in order to ensure a proper logistics management in the capital and providing support to logistic activities in the projects.
Duration of contract: 3 months.
• Planning and supervising the logistics within the coordination base (repairs, equipment maintenance, stock management, cleanliness…), in order to ensure the best operational working conditions in the capital.
• Supporting the Logistics Coordinator and/or the Mission Supply Chain Manager in organizing the ordering and transport of goods to the different projects, in order to comply with their needs in terms of quality and timelines
• Organizing and supervising the fleet of vehicles in the coordination base (driver’s schedules, vehicles maintenance, vehicles registration and insurance, fuel consumptions, etc.), in order to ensure coping with the transportation and movement needs.
• Assisting the Logistics Coordinator with the checkup and supervision of the proper functioning of the computers and other communication and IT equipment, in order to ensure a continuous and appropriate flow of information and communication.
• Ensuring repair and maintenance of generators and power back-up systems as well as cold chain equipment, water pumps and other technical equipment used or stocked in capital and informing the Logistic Coordinator in case of any further needs concerning technical equipment, in order to have everything running adequately
• Supporting the LogCo in the planning and ensuring an appropriate emergency preparedness and response capacity (stocks, contacts, transport means, staff training), and participating in any emergency activity or exploratory visit, in order to ensure giving appropriate assistance to the population.
Informing the Logistics Coordinator in case of any major issue and draws-up all required reporting, in order to keep updated and reliable information that will ease decision-making.MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
· Supporting the logco to ensure applied security guideline of the mission is in place 24/7 SOP for (communication, movement , hybernation , safety and applied security ….) are updated and being followed properly.
· Ensure the global inventory of all the assets of the mission is up to date in line with the supply manager.
· Ensure repair dossier for maintenance , ID sheet, order request and repair sheet is in place for supply, mechanic and ICT department and are properly followed.
· Manage vehicle contracts and keep record of MSF vehicle’s history files. Make sure all the legal documents like insurances are renewed, technical inspection is done at MSF and gov’t garage on time.
· Follow up with the MSF premises in the mission to ensure safety and applied security is in place and protocols are followed properly.
· Inline with the logistic coordinator, ensure the logistic part of the emergency stock is ready to be used and correspond to what is stated in the emergency preparedeness plan.
· Ensure inventory of “main ” assets of the mission is updated with actual location and equipment’s relevant information’s.
· Ensure the mission’s motorized equipment is managed according to MSF standard and history is regularly updated on the organizaiton’s asset monitoring tool both online and on hard copy. Give attention to the projects assets and give periodic feedback.
· Compile projects and department’s regular report and share with the logistic coordinator.
· Visit to the projects as per need
|Education||Essential secondary education plus further technical training|
|Experience||• Essential two years of previous experience in similar jobs
• Desirable with MSF or other NGOs, in developing countries
|Languages||Mission language essential. Local language desirable|
|Knowledge||Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)|
|Competencies||• Results and Quality Orientation L3
• Teamwork and Cooperation L3
• Behavioural Flexibility L2
• Commitment to MSF Principles L3
• Stress Management L3
How to Apply
All applicants should send a CV, cover letter, educational records, work certificates and copy of national ID card ONLY by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate ¨On the subject box of your email: the vacancy title, ¨your name¨.
MSF Spain promotes the EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION.
MSF Spain encourages internal growth and development.
We strongly encourage INTERNAL STAFF, WOMEN and PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES (compatible with the nature of the work) to apply.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Copies of CV + supporting documents are non-returnable. Phone calls are not allowed.
Posting date: 05-10- 2021
Ending date: 11-10-2021