Deadline: Sep 27, 2022
Hope Enterprise University College (HEUC) is a higher education institution in Ethiopia, which is housed on five hectares of a beautiful, green and clean campus conductive for teaching-learning process and having student and faculty friendly environment. It is an accredited institution in three graduate programs namely, MBA, MSC in Accounting & Finance and MA in Organizational Leadership. It is also accredited in the following undergraduate programs: Architecture, Accounting and Finance, Management, Marketing Management, Information System, Information Technology and Computer Science.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the selection and organization of library materials based on one’s knowledge of a wide variety of scholarly and public information sources.
- Prepares and submits the annual budget of the office to the VPAA and administers the approved budget.
- Implements the policies and directives laid down by the university college pertaining to the library during day, evening and summer programs of the university college.
- Continually evaluates the efficacy of existing rules and practices regarding the work of the office and recommends modifications where necessary to the VPAA.
- Oversees the management and planning of the library.
- Provides guidelines on the technical processing aspect dealing with collection, management, coordination, cataloguing, and processing of books, journals and ICT materials on one hand and the readers services aspect on the other.
- Supervises assistants who prepare cards, computer records or other access tools that direct users to resources.
- Compiles list of books, periodicals, articles and audiovisual materials on particular subjects, analyze collections and recommend materials to faculties.
- Collects and organizes books, manuscripts and other materials in the fields of the university college.
- Spearheads the maintenance of computerized data bases for the library.
- Ensures that library patrons get proper assistance in finding information.
- Trains staff in the workings of the library and monitor and evaluate the same for efficient service.
- Responding to departmental needs, orders books and periodicals in English that are utilized by recognized international institutions of higher learning.
- Identifies, builds and updates a database of suppliers of books, periodicals and IT sources of information, and develop criteria for the selection of suppliers of books, periodicals and other sources of information and submit the same to the VPAA.
- Computerizes the workings of the library keeping up with the latest developments in this application of ICT within the library.
- Ensures that the facilities of the library are kept repaired.
- Ensures maximum care for the books and other learning resources of the library during use and storage.
- Oversees and ensures the cataloguing of resources and the accounting of each resource in the library.
- Ensures that all books are sequentially shelved constantly so that no patron misses them from the shelves.
- Develops the rules to govern the use of the library by students and the faculty an implement the same following an endorsement by the Senate.
- Ensures the correct and timely acquisition, accession and cataloguing of all information resources.
- Explores opportunities of e‐library and online learning that dovetail with the university college’s academic plan and make proposals to the VPAA for application.
- Leads the ICT use within the library.
- Liaises with the various faculties on an ongoing basis and cooperates in facilitating their requests on time.
- Ensures the cleanliness, freshness and ventilation of the library at all times.
- Ensures that all staff members are approachable and both staff members and users of the library carry themselves with the kind of decency that does not go counter to the standard of cleanliness, ambience, quiet and comfort of the library
- Ensures the safety and security of all resources in the library and oversee the binding and rebinding of books.
- Oversees a supportive reference section.
- Upholds to the values, vision and mission of Hope Enterprises and Hope University College and ensures the advancement of the same at the university college.
- Engages in other duties as assigned by the VPAA.
Accountable to: Vice President for Academic Affairs
- MSc in Library Science or MSc in Computer Science and related fields.
- At least five-year experience as a library head in HEIS.
How to Apply
Applicants shall submit their letter of application with CV, copies of credentials and three references to the Human resource office of our University College Lebu Campus or via email address firstname.lastname@example.org within 5 days from the date of this vacancy announcement.