Internal/External Vacancy Announcement
Saint Gabriel Catholic Health Center (SGCHC) is a not-for-profit nongovernmental organization owned by the Ethiopian Catholic Church (ECC-SDCO,A.A.), and run in collaboration with Brothers of Our Lady of Lourdes or Brothers of Good Works in Ethiopia. The mission of SGCHC is to provide holistic, affordable and quality health care to all, in a compassionate and loving environment consistent with the Christian principles on which we are founded on and promoting access to health care to the less privileged and vulnerable social groups, like women and children and the financially destitute.
SGCHC is providing comprehensive health care services to the population of the catchment area and neighboring woredas in line with the government and the Ethiopian Catholic Church health policy. Accordingly, for the successful implementation of the health center project activities, St. Gabriel Catholic Health Center would like to invite interested and qualified applicants for the following position.
Job Summary-The Laboratory Head is responsible for coordinating, directing and organizing the day to day activities of the department and performing routine professional activities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Collects, processes, and handles blood and/or other biological specimens according to established procedures; instructs patients in the proper collection of samples.
- Performs a variety of clinical laboratory tests in the areas of hematology, microbiology, serology, clinical chemistry, and urinalysis; conducts quantitative and qualitative chemical analyses of body fluids such as blood, urine; performs blood counts using microscope.
- Performs quality control on test results, ensuring validity and accuracy.
- Performs calibration and troubleshooting on testing systems and instruments to ensure adherence to established standards of accuracy.
- Keeps records and reports on results according to established procedures.
- Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Number Required– One
Education/ Training Required-
- BSc Degree in Medical Laboratory from a recognized University/College and trainings on QLMS, SLIPTA, Bio-Safety and previous work experience as a Lab. Head and/or Quality Officer is a plus.
Knowledge and Experience/Skills/ Required
- A minimum of 6 years’ proven work experience.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Ability to monitor and/or maintain quality control standards.
- Knowledge of accreditation and certification requirements.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Licensed as a Medical Laboratory Technologist.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the minimum requirements should submit their application letter together with non-returnable CV and copies of supporting documents to HR and Property Administration Unit of St. Gabriel Health Center which is located at the backside of the Transport & Road Authorities (driving training center) and 500m from Water Works Construction Enterprise.
Applicants may apply in writing to: ECC St Gabriel Catholic Health Center
P.O. Box 13236 Addis Ababa,
Applicants can apply to the following email address
email@example.com by writing the job position on the subject line.
Application Dates – 10 working days from the date of announcement.
Date Posted- May 16, 2022
For more information, please do not hesitate to call us on 0114-39 45 34.