Stichting Wageningen Research (SWR) is an international NGO registered in Ethiopia since March 2021 with the FDRE Agency for Civil Society Organizations. The organization is established with the objectives of promoting a more resilient, inclusive and sustainable food systems in Ethiopia. One of the projects implemented by SWR is Ethiopia-Netherlands Seed Partnership (ENSP).
The Ethiopia-Netherlands Seed Partnership (ENSP)
You will support selected knowledge institutes, employers and young men and women in preparing a more competent labour force to the seed sector in Ethiopia. You will do this in support of the Partnership’s overall mission to enable the private sector in Ethiopia to deliver farming men and women high quality seed of improved varieties much needed for food security and nutrition, and climate resilience. The Partnership is development cooperation between Ethiopia and the Netherlands, implemented by a consortium of the Ethiopian Seed Association in Ethiopia, and Plantum and Wageningen University & Research in the Netherlands.
We are looking for
A mentor to young men and women who can inspire them to pursue an education and employment in the seed sector and create opportunities for their career development. The Knowledge and Skills Development should have at least seven years’ experience in education or coaching and a passion for professionalism. S/he will support selected knowledge institutes, employers and of course these young men and women in becoming better prepared to make a positive impact on food security and nutrition, income generation and gender equality in Ethiopia.
- Identifies knowledge institutes with a relevance to education and training in seed science and technology, seed business and seed systems in Ethiopia
- Evaluates the relevance and quality of related curricula offered elsewhere in the world
- Reveals the knowledge and skills required of labour offered to the seed sector and translates these into learning objectives for education and training programmes
- Improves the curricula offered by selected knowledge institutes by driving through the demand of stakeholders in the Ethiopian seed sector
- Manages a system through which capable young men and women graduates are awarded scholarships for MSc study in Ethiopia and the Netherlands
- Manages a fellowship for training mid-career professionals
- Nurtures talent among young men and women graduates and entrepreneurs through their enrolment in internships and personal professional development coaching
- Organizes events for young men and women entrepreneurs and graduates to meet one another and with potential new employers to explore career opportunities
- Networks prolifically in finding opportunities for internships at interesting companies/ organizations
- Serves as a role model for young men and women
- Improves women’s access to education, life-long learning and employment opportunities
Project: Ethiopia-Netherlands Seed Partnership (ENSP)
Duration: Four years, subject to annual renewal based on performance
Reports to: ENSP Project Manager
What we offer
Depending on candidate’s education and work experience, we offer a competitive salary as per the organization scale which is negotiable within the range of the salary scale assigned for the position. We also offer other benefit packages as per the internal HR manual.
What we ask
The Knowledge and Skills Development Expert needs to be a people-oriented professional with the theory, soft skills and practical tools required to empower young men and women to aspire to achieve. S/he also needs to possess the hard skills and knowledge to improve curricula, transform education and training programmes and manage resources effectively to these ends. S/he should have an affinity for networking professionally, thereby building relationships with companies and organizations in search of talent, forging partnerships in career development, and creating demand for interns. We strongly encourage women to apply, are committed to being inclusive of all genders in our organization and strive to become a diverse organization.
- MSc/MBA/MA (preferably) or BSc/BA in education, curriculum development, carrier development and relevant subjects
- At least 7 years’ experience working in a related function
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in spoken and written English and Amharic
- Strong coaching, public speaking, presentation and negotiation skills
- An energetic, enthusiastic and inspiring attitude, and a valuable social network
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to apply by sending a motivation letter with updated CV by email at info.SWREthiopia@gmail.com within 10 working days starting from the date of announcement. Please include the position title of the application in the subject line.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!