Junior Project Coordinator
GIZ-Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #166/2021
Biodiversity – Coffee Innovation Fund (CIF)
The Coffee Innovation Fund (CIF) is a private sector investment project, implemented under the Initiative for Sustainable Agricultural Supply Chains (INA), that aims to improve the conditions for sustainability in global agricultural supply chains.
The Coffee Innovation Fund (CIF) exists to increase benefits for smallholder farmers through the promotion of innovative approaches. The CIF uses a co-funding model where private sector partners together with GIZ create and implement pilot projects to test the impact of their proposed innovation on their business and supply chain. The CIF is currently running in four East African countries (Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda) and is manged by a very motivated, active and welcoming international team.
You can find out more about the CIF here: https://www.nachhaltige-agrarlieferketten.org/en/success-stories/coffee-innovation-fund/
Contract duration: Until March 31, 2023
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Support general coordination of project activities
- Work with partner companies to develop project concept notes, budgets as well as operation plans;
- Contribute to documentation of the project in cooperation with the partner companies (Cooperation agreements, and results);
- Support procurement of services and materials for the implementation of the projects in compliance with GIZ’s guidelines and policies;
- Write and edit publications, including articles, reports, photos, infographics, success stories, social media messaging, etc, in compliance with GIZ’s guidelines and policies;
- Actively participate in a knowledge management culture: meet regularly with colleagues and other stakeholders to share best practices, successes, and challenges;
- Support monitor activity expenditures, milestones, and report progress and issues hampering the smooth implementation;
Qualification and Experience
- Degree in management, business or related subjects;
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience in project coordination and project management support in international NGOs or private sector;
- Good understanding of the coffee supply chain
- Experience in the field of public private partnerships is desirable
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Excellent communication skills;
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of the English language
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Email: email@example.com
Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Number ‘Junior Project Coordinator #166/2021’ in the subject line of your email application.
Due to large number of applications we categorize applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
“Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefit package.”