Deadline: Sep 24, 2022
The African Disability Forum (ADF) is the continental membership organization of Organizations of Persons with Disabilities (DPOs) in Africa. As of March 2019, ADF membership included national DPO federations in 42 countries, 4 sub-regional DPO federations and 9 continental DPOs. The ADF Office is located in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and focuses on regional advocacy, communications and member organizational development and capacity-building activities.
ADF has two primary objectives:
- To unify and amplify the voice of persons with disabilities, their families and organizations in Africa at national, regional and international levels.
- To strengthen the capacity of organizations of persons with disabilities in Africa to promote the rights and inclusion of persons with disabilities and their families.
The ADF Junior Accountant reports to the ADF Admin/Finance Manager and maintains legers and other books of accounts, prepares financial reports as required and ensures that all payments, receipts, taxes and other financial obligations are met, files and keeps financial documents, records, and performs clerical work related to accounting.
Specific duties and responsibilities
- He/she will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure that disbursements are made according to the rules and regulations specified in the ADF Finance Manual.
- Prepare cash receipt vouchers, payment vouchers and check as well as transfer letters.
- Ensure that payment vouchers are correct and authentic.
- Enter all financial transactions into an appropriate computer software program.
- Prepare the monthly bank reconciliation and submit to the Finance and Admin Manager.
- Prepare the Preparation of staff payroll and make sure that it is paid on time and that all required government taxes and social security contributions are deducted and paid.
- Assist in the development of working procedures, schedules, formats, etc. for efficient financial operations.
- Control expenditures/disbursements based on analysis of accounting reports and financial position of ADF.
- Ensure that taxes and other government obligations are met on time.
- Handling petty cash for office running expenses, perdiem and allowance for ADF events.
- Maintain cash book for collections, petty cash fund and other funds.
- Request the replenishment of petty cash fund when it reaches its minimum level or as required.
- Keep money on hand and check books in safe custody.
- File and keep financial documents in proper manner.
- Perform clerical works related to accounting and other duties as assigned by the Admin/Finance Manager.
- Degree in Accounting & Finance, Business Administration, management, or related field of studies.
- At least a 1-year work experience in NGO environment.
- Good English speaking and writing skill
- Knowledge of French is added value.
- Good knowledge of computer application skill and Peachtree accounting as well
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A strong team worker
- Ability to exercise sound, mature judgment and work independently
- Aptitude to work in difficult conditions and stressful situations
- Self-motivated, creativity, flexibility and the ability to work with limited resources and to consistently meet deadlines under pressure
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter through email: firstname.lastname@example.org until 24 September 2022
For more information, please contact by working hour through +251921912295
ADF is an equal opportunity employer that values and appreciates diversity of employees.
Persons with Disabilities and Women are highly encouraged to apply