Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Deadline: Oct 13, 2022
About the Company
Inkomoko supports entrepreneurs to grow their businesses in order to improve livelihoods and to create thriving communities.
Founded in 2012, Inkomoko has worked with more than 41,000 entrepreneurs across East Africa, including thousands of refugee entrepreneurs, resulting in thousands of new jobs and more than $50M in new revenue in communities.
Inkomoko provides a combination of training, consulting, access to finance, and market-level systems change. We are the largest lender to refugee entrepreneurs in Africa, and seek both social impact and financial sustainability.
Inkomoko has +200 staff in 18 offices across Rwanda, Kenya, and Ethiopia. Through Inkomoko’s 2030 strategic plan, we are expanding to 5 additional countries to serve more than 550,000 entrepreneurs with our services and growing our $30M loan fund.
All staff at Inkomoko are connected to a shared set of organizational values:
- Purpose: be solutions-oriented and produce high-quality work and be a global leader.
- Achievement: push yourself to reach beyond what you think is possible.
- Improvement: be humble and committed to continuous learning and growing through giving and receiving open and accurate feedback.
- Bravery: willing to take risks, create a safe space for others, be compassionate, inclusive.
- Turikumwe/Tuko Pamoja/ Abren Nen (“We are together”): appreciate your colleagues, celebrate success, and support each other in hard times.
About the Opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity to join a new Innovation Lab, which includes a strong IT team, to help Inkomoko leverage innovation/technology to support micro/small entrepreneurs in the region build thriving communities. As Inkomoko has developed more technology systems to work from home and serve our clients remotely, we are increasing our ICT capacity to support internal IT functions and client-facing tech programs.
The Tech Support staff will be responsible for ensuring the highest level of customer service to colleagues across all the Ethiopia offices and support colleagues in Rwanda and Kenya as needed to provide IT support for users across Inkomoko. Specifically, the role will include:
Tech Support (40% time)
- Manage and respond to IT requests, using the IT Service desk management tool
- Continuously update the IT Service desk knowledge base module
- Set up staff laptops, user accounts, email address, calendar access, and other company’s technology
- Train staff on use of the company’s technologies, including Odoo, ERP, G-Suite, calendars, and printers, Basic IT Skills, etc.
- Troubleshoot CRM/ERP and app problems for all users, especially the Finance team, and management team members, CEO, COO, and Managing Directors.
- Provide tech support to staff with the highest level of customer service, speed, and accuracy when problems arise for in-house and field staff
- Make proactive regular visits for the field offices as required
- Manage software upgrades
Network Management (20% time)
- Manage office internet and office IT accessories to meet budget and business needs for offices across Ethiopia offices and East Africa
- Monitor the network on a daily basis; solve network problems as they arise, escalating problems or potential problems to the IT Infrastructure Admin, if necessary.
- Maintain the network configuration map and documentation of issues and solutions.
- Enforce Inkomoko ICT policy/usage with staff (i.e. personal downloads, etc)
- Ensure Malware/virus protection to protect systems and data.
- Work on other projects as assigned that improve systems availability and security.
Equipment Management (20% time)
- Purchase and manage staff laptops, printers, Tablets, Kindles, projectors, and all other technical assets within budget and specified timelines.
- Conducting quarterly preventive maintenance on all IT devices
- Keep accurate inventory and maintenance records of all devices and ensure they are in good working order.
- Management of all repairs of staff laptops including use of a system to track the repair of all computers, including a timeline for repair.
- Miscellaneous Tech Supports (20% time)
- Support M&E software, such as Kobo Toolbox, PowerBi, and other data collection and analysis software
- Manage company Zoom accounts, collaboration applications such as Slack, and microphones, and serve as tech admin lead at company meetings
- Manage projectors, tech set-ups for meetings, special events, retreats, etc.
- At least 3years of work experience in tech support for a company in East Africa.
- Bachelors’ degree in IT or similar field.
- Continuous learning mindset to learn new technologies and product modifications.
- Strong record of customer service and problem solving, including strategic use of technology to improve team collaborations.
- Fluent in English and any local language
What You’ll Get
This role is a tremendous opportunity to work in a high-growth, mission-driven organization. Our compensation includes both a great culture and a competitive market-based package, including:
- Incredible company culture, including deep investment in your learning and growth, and a commitment to inclusion and diversity
- Opportunity to work with a talented, passionate, and committed team of professionals across the region
- Ability to make a significant social impact and contribute to economic growth
- Competitive salary, and potential KPI-based bonus
- Favorable policies like health insurance, staff savings program, parental leave, sabbatical program, and more.
If you have matching qualifications for the role, please submit your cover letter and CV.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Inkomoko is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Refugees, women, and persons who reflect the diverse communities we serve are strongly encouraged to apply. As a company we have policies in place that promote diversity, equity and inclusion at all levels.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply!
NB: We do not employ staff whose background is not suitable. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.