Deadline: Nov 25, 2022
Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) is a publicly-funded, non-for profit German political foundation registered in Ethiopia as a “foreign organization” in accordance with the Civil Society Organizations Proclamation No 1113/2019. With offices in more than 120 countries, KAS promotes Democracy, the Rule of Law, Social Market Economy, and Human Rights and fosters political and expert exchanges between Germany and its partner countries.
In accordance with the Accountings and Audit Board of Ethiopia (AABE) Proclamation No. 847/2014 and 2014and Civil Society Organization Proclamation 1113/2019, Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) Ethiopia is required to submit an annual audit report of acceptable standard at the end of the fiscal year. Therefore, KAS kindly invites a qualified audit firm (Certified audit firm who has an authorization from the Office of the Accounting and Auditing Board of Ethiopia, AABE) to conduct an external audit of KAS’ account for the financial year from January 01, 2022 until December 31, 2022.
Scope of the service:
– The firm will audit the client’s financial statement of the fiscal year from January 01, 2022 until
December 31, 2022.
– There will be about 12 box files of accounting documents.
– The firm should conduct the audit in line with GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles)
and the requirements of the Authority for Civil Society Organization (ACSO).
– Financial consolidated report and management letter will be the major output of the service.
– Audit fee to be charged, by clearly indicating with or without VAT
– The audit service will be started on February 01, 2023 and should not last longer than February
– Explain audit methodology and approach.
Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) reserves the right to accept or reject any bid and annul the bidding process and reject all bids at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to bidders.
The following requirements should be fulfilled to participate in the comparison for the audit services.
1. Organizational profile; number and profile of consultants to conduct the audit
2. Renewed professional license and business registration license
3. Certificate of compliance from the office of the Accounting and Auditing Board of Ethiopia
4. Have proven evidence of auditing experience with similar NGOs
5. Evidence of previous experience of auditing financial statements prepared based on
6. VAT registration certificate
7. Tax payer registration Certificate (TIN)
8. Flawless English writing skills for writing the report
How to Apply
Interested audit firms can submit their Technical and Financial Proposals in two separate sealed envelopes duly marking the envelopes as “Technical” and “Financial” proposals from Tuesday, Nov 15 until Friday, Nov 25, 2022 during office working hours (Morning: 8:30 AM – Afternoon: 5:30 PM).
The document must be delivered to the address below in the bid box prepared for this purpose not later than 4:00 PM on or before November 25, 2022. The bids will be opened by a procurement committee. The winner will be notified by December 15, 2022 latest.
Our address is:
Yeka Sub-City, #439
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
P.O. Box: 110337