Purpose of the position:
Lead the Integrated Communications unit, consisting of Field, Technical Programme, Grant, and Emergency (Humanitarian Emergency Affairs (HEA) and Disaster Management (DM)) communications across the country, ensuring all the communications functions are resourced, staffed, and focused – to deliver timely high-value content, that is used internally and externally, serving all programme and project implementation, advocacy, marketing, and fundraising needs. Increasing reputation and trust in World Vision Ethiopia’s technical excellence.
• Lead and manage development and implementation of an integrated plan to ensure all World Vision Ethiopia’s programs and projects (sponsorship, private non-sponsorship, foundation and corporate, technical programs, grant projects) are increasingly represented internally and externally with staff, public and donors
• Manage all World Vision Support Office requests for communications and marketing content
• Ensure Field Communicators are serving the program and project needs in their area with relevant IEC materials and collateral,
• The integrated plan enables Technical Programs to communicate effectively to all stakeholders, and they are served with high-quality and timely communications collateral
• Ensure technical programs are leveraging latest behavior change communications practice
• Enable World Vision’s technical programs to be positioned in prominently internally in the Partnership and externally amongst the public.
• The integrated plan that enables Grants to communicate effectively to all stakeholders, and all donors are served with high-quality and timely communications collateral
• Oversee alignment with global Grant communications standards
• Represent communications in the concept and development stage of major grant applications
• Ensure communication is represented in Grant start-up workshops and that new staff are oriented in World Vision communications policy and practice.
• The integrated plan that enables World Vision to communicate effectively before, during, and after emergencies to all stakeholders, and grant and institutional donors, and that they are served with high-quality and timely communications
• Lead operational and technical oversight for timely and effective communications of any major emergency and World Vision Ethiopia’s response to these emergencies. Including leading the preparation of media statements, interviews, situation reports, and other to manage and mitigate emergencies effectively
• Oversee alignment with World Vision’s global Emergency Management System and Disaster Management standards.
• Lead and supervise the staff of the Integrated Communications Unit (field, technical programs, grants, emergency communications) ensuring that clear roles and responsibilities across the specialist units results in highly effective teamwork and efficient collaboration
• Increase the quality and quantity of responsive and proactive communications projects
• High performance of the team is ensured through the leading of; goal setting, prioritization, process management, and relationship management
• Ensure the Integrated Communications team receive on-going support, capacity building, instruction and guidance from the Integrated Programs Department to maintain alignment.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Required Professional Experience:
• 8- years experience managing communications or media teams, in international NGOs, business, or creative industries
• Demonstrated experience managing external partner relationships, such as with creative agencies, NGO, or media networks
• Advanced technical skills in several of the major areas of the job, such as; communications creative production, public engagement, development and donor communications, technical program communications
• Proven experience of training and capacity building of others
• Advanced level of computer proficiency, Mac and PC
• Experience working with children and youth
Education, training, license, registration, and certification
• Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, Media, Journalism, Arts or similar
• Professional certifications in any of the technical areas of communications or marketing
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Thorough knowledge of the marketing, communication, and media industry
• Thorough knowledge of international development, World Vision development practice, and marketing and communications needs
Travel and/or Work Environment
• Working primarily in the head office in Addis Ababa, semi-regular travel locally and internationally will be required.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to Recruitment_ethiopia@wvi.org or through ethiojobs.net.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”
Note: we do not receive hard copies.