Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Closing Date: 8 December 2022
The OEC: The Organisation of Educational Cooperation (OEC) is an international intergovernmental organisation, founded in January 2020 by countries from across the Global South, to “contribute to the equitable, just, and prosperous social transformation of societies by promoting balanced and inclusive education, in order to attain the fundamental rights to liberty, justice, dignity, sustainability, social cohesion, and material and immaterial security for the peoples of the world”.
The main functions of the Department of Technological Innovation and Digitalisation Enhancement (TIDE) are to:
- Develop advanced, open-source, customisable software and digital platforms for Member States that support access to knowledge, the production of learning resources, and more efficient governance;
- Building institutional capacities in technology use and development;
- Reinforce the digital infrastructure of Member States; and
- Support the development of endogenous technologies.
Under the overall authority of the Secretary-General, the guidance of the Under-Secretary-General for TIDE, and the direct supervision of the Chief of Section – Endogenous Technology and Digital Infrastructure, the Institutional Capacity-Building Programme Specialist is responsible for development of institutional capacity-building programmes for Member States, with a particular focus on the use and maintenance of digital governance platforms, electronic management information systems, and digital deployment strategies. This position provides the unique opportunity of joining the core team of a new international organisation, contributing to its lasting construction and influencing its future trajectory.
- Develop guidelines, manuals, and training modules for Member States on the integration, deployment, use, and maintenance of digital technologies developed and/or proposed by the Department of TIDE;
- Develop and undertake institutional digital capacity assessments prior and at the conclusion of projects with Member States;
- Design and develop standalone learning resources;
- Prepare and lead remote and onsite training workshops for Member States;
- Prepare comparative studies and reports on institutional capacity gaps in terms of technology use, maintenance, and development within Member States;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomatic and cross-cultural communication skills with a proven track record;
- Strong proven experience in developing training modules, guidelines, and policy papers;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong pedagogical skills;
- Ability to operate sensitively and effectively in a multicultural environment and deal with cross-cultural sensitivity;
- Ability to withstand and work effectively within stressful situations.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software engineering, or other related fields;
- At least 5 years of relevant professional work experience in capacity-building.
Candidate must at least be fluent in English. Additional knowledge of one or more other official languages (French, Arabic, Spanish) is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
This position is open to international applicants.
All applications must be sent to HRE@OEC-OCE.ORG and must include:
- Subject line: “TIDE ETDI ICB – Application”
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Motivation
- Any other relevant information