Amref Health Africa is an African-led international health development organization headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. Founded in 1957 as the Flying Doctors of East Africa to bring critical health services to remote communities, Amref Health Africa envision to bringing lasting health change for African more than 30 countries across the continent. With a focus on women and children, the organization strives to overcome the most critical health challenges facing the continent: maternal and child health, HIV & TB, malaria, water and sanitation and health systems strengthening. Amref Health Africa in Ethiopia has been working in Ethiopia since 2002 in close collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health implementing a range of projects in maternal, neonatal and child health, reproductive health, health systems strengthening, health workforce development, water and sanitation, HIV/AIDS and non-communicable diseases across the country, supported by a wide range of multilateral and bilateral donors, corporates and foundations.
Amref Health Africa would like to recruit Information Technology Assistant based in Addis Ababa, Country Office and will report to IT Manager.
|This role is responsible for supporting all aspects of the IT systems and services. Additionally, the role includes responsibility for ensuring the security and integrity of computer operations and systems in accordance with the the organization’s strategic plan & IT unit plan.|
|Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks|
|· Provide first point of IT Support contact for all Amref staff i.e. Assisting staff through a series of actions, either face to face; email or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues.
.Manage Helpdesk tickets, planning and prioritizing systematically to minimize backlog and ensure operational efficiency.
· Troubleshoot technical issues to resolution and/or escalate to next level support or to supplier or partner organizations as required.
· Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications.
· Expedite the repair of hardware faults and software configuration problems, notifying or forwarding to relevant suppliers in a timely manner.
· Ensure system and data security is maintained at a high standard, ensuring the integrity of the Amref network is not compromised.
· Monitor performance of Amref systems, ensuring issues are appropriately escalated and resolved.
· Provide technical assistance to Field office teams and; supporting the roll-out of new applications and solutions.
Demonstrate commitment to and promotion of a culture of service excellence and continual improvement within the IT team.
|· BSc in computer science, information technology, electrical engineering or related fields
· Professional Trainings like Network +, A+, Microsoft Server, CCNA etc.
· Professional Certifications are added value, CCNA, MCSA, MCITP
|· At least 2 years’ experience in computer science, electrical engineering or other related fields
· Good understanding of ITIL based service provision,
|Skills / Competencies:|
|· Relevant IT/industry experience in the following areas: Windows Server, Windows 10 & Microsoft Office and Computer Networking and protocols
· Demonstrate high levels of integrity.
· Fluency in written and spoken English language
How to Apply
If you are Interested? Please visit our website Here to make your application. You will be directed
to our online portal where you will need to create an account in order for you to be able to submit
your application. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for
this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Closing date will be September 28,
2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of
the recruitment and selection process and has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people
and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal
opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.