iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organization that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
iMMAP under its project funded by ECHO aiming at providing IM support tailored to the needs of humanitarian actors responding to the crisis in Ethiopia. To help achieve this, iMMAP will conduct three core activities: 1. support to multi sectoral needs assessments, 2. production of humanitarian situation analysis reports through secondary data review, 3. provide dedicated IM support to the Protection Cluster as well as its sub-sectors (Child Protection, Gender Based Violence and House, Land and Properties Working Group). For this first and second activities specifically, iMMAP is looking for a national IMO to support the National Protection Cluster in Addis Abeba.
The Ethiopia Protection Cluster has been active since 2008 following the global roll out of the cluster approach. The NPC follows key protection concerns such as physical violence and abuse, sexual and gender-based violence, family separation, denial of life-saving assistance and psycho-social trauma, faced by Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) and other vulnerable groups in Ethiopia. The NPC is led by UNHCR and co-led by the Danish Regufee Council (DRC). It includes the Child Protection (CP) and Gender-Based Violence (GBV) Areas of Responsibility (CP/GBV AoRs) and the Housing, Land and Property Working Group (HLP WG). The NPC also oversees and supports sub-national protection clusters operating at the regional level. Members of the NPC include Government Institutions, UN agencies, donors, national and international NGOs.
The NPC regularly produces and delivers a number of information products and services, including data collection and analysis, databases and infographics which inform the NPC and the humanitarian community at large in their response to the humanitarian situation in the country.
As part of its collaboration with the National Protection Cluster (NPC), iMMAP is seeking to deploy an Information Management Officer (IMO) to support the NPC and assist in the production and delivery of Information Management products and services. She/He will be part of the NPC secretariat, working in close relationship with the Protection Cluster Coordinator and Co-coordinator, as well as with NPC members, the Information Management Working Group, and other relevant actors.
· Support the Cluster Coordinator with data management and data analysis to keep all information products updated (5Ws/assessment data) and ensure a risk-based approach, linked to the Protection Analytical Framework (PAF).
· Contribute to the data interpretation and operationalization of the Protection Analytical Framework (PAF).
· Ensure cross-fertilization across protection, IM partners and donors’ contribution to the protection response
· Build/ maintain regular contacts with partners in the area of coverage to collect operational data and to ensure it meets relevant standards and is available for exchange.
· Process and analyze data to support operational analysis and decision-making.
· Prepare dashboards, infographics/maps and contribute to planning and monitoring reports.
· Produce 5W data analysis and present the data using tabular/ graphical representation.
· Work closely with clients to identify their needs and advise on the information products and services that cluster can offer to enhance their work.
· Develop strong links with other IM staff in the humanitarian community in all the regions region to promote coordination and information-sharing between organizations.
· Keep the cluster humanitarianresponse.info page updated in collaboration with other AOR IMOs
· Maintain contact and distribution lists.
· Perform any other related duties as requested by the sub-national Protection Cluster Coordinator.
. Represent the cluster in the Information Management Working Group (IMWG) meetings; and work with relevant clusters and AORs, and relevant stakeholders (national and international NGOs and community- based organizations) to exchange and analyze relevant information.
· Ensure appropriate dissemination of meeting minutes, assessment reports and other information products to relevant partners.
- Design, develop and manage databases, spreadsheets, and other data sources.
- Consolidate operational information on a regular schedule to support analysis, including compiling and updating available GIS data (GPS tracking, data from other agencies, etc.);
- The IMO will provide specific, sometimes dedicated, support to other agencies, when required.
National capacity building / Training – specific
- The IMO will mentor iMMAP national staff to build capacity to include but not be limited to GIS and data management and Geospatial analysis and data analysis
- The IMO will work to build a national staff trained to be able to fulfil the information management duties assigned to him/her, through guidance, training, and technical support.
- The IMO will conduct iMMAP demonstrations and training sessions.
Cluster – specific
. Support the GBV, CP, MA, and HLP AOR IMO’s at national level through collecting timely information.
· MSc degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Demography, Statistics, GIS, Social Sciences, or any related area
· 3 to 5 years progressively responsible experience in information management with Undergraduate degree; or 3 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 2-year relevant experience with Doctorate degree
- A minimum of 3 to years of progressively responsible experience in humanitarian information management, data management, GIS, data visualization, or data analysis is required.
- Effectively uses quantitative and qualitative analysis as well as visualization methods, software, and ability to produce and disseminate regular IM products tailored to appropriate audiences.
- Experience with data collection, sharing, management and analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of current GIS software (ArcGIS, Google Earth, QGIS) desirable
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator desirable
- Prior experience in the IDP Cluster system desirable
- Prior experience in the protection cluster desirable
- Demonstrated information management skills in cluster system, and familiarity with Cluster Information Management Tools, Resources and Approaches
- Demonstrated skills to analyses statistical information
- Demonstrated Advanced skill in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to compile and holistically analyses diverse datasets
- Experience with Principles of data protection
- Conversant in a variety of Infographic software
- Demonstrated experience in producing quality data visualization (Microsoft Power BI)
- Knowledge of geospatial analysis and techniques is desirable (e.g. ArcGIS/QGIS)
- Ability to coordinate with local administrators, government, NGOs working with community projects and agencies involved in mine-action.
- Ability to work under pressure and long hours at different locations.
- Flexible and adaptable to any situation.
- Self-reliant and able to work independently.
- PHP and HTML
- GIS systems and supporting software ESRI ArcMap10.2
Note: – The recruitment is on a rolling basis that the position can be filled before the deadline indicated
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.