Purpose of the position:
To implement the Area Programme technical project models, to improve child wellbeing, ILaNs according to standards, donor requirements and the needs and expectations of communities and local partners.
· Plan, implement and monitor activities in partnership with communities, local government and partners in the approved yearly plans as per the assigned Technical Project.
· Assure that sponsorship is fully integrated into the planning, implementation and monitoring systems of the TP plan
· Monitor an assigned portfolio of registered children as per the sponsorship standards in coordination with a group of volunteers and AP institutions.
· Support the capacity development of volunteers and institutions to manage RC communications and programme mobilization.
· Represent world vision’s core values, mission, vision and strategy with communities, local partners and local government.
· Assure that relevant cross cutting themes (child protection, HEA, gender, disability, and environment) are integrated into the TPs implementation.
· Produce and submit reports to the AP manager and/or AP MEAL officer as per the standards of the AP and LEAP.
· Contribute to the development of new projects and activities to be implemented as part of the TP.
· Carry out any other duties as instructed by the AP manager.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Required Professional Experience:
· 3 years of experience in relevant field, community rural development,
· Other NGO experience is preferred.
· Agriculture, Rural development and related field.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
· MA in, Agriculture, Rural Development, Development studies and other relevant fields with experience 2 year and above in food security and livelihood sectors.
Technical Skills & Abilities:
· Basic computer skills in Windows, Ms Excel, Word, publisher and power point.
· Proven negotiation skills,
· Fluent writing and spoken English.
· Other: Good knowledge in WV DPA & sponsorship programs is preferred
Working Environment / Conditions:
§ Office based with travel to the field
Travel: Up to 80% travel.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to Recruitment_ethiopia@wvi.org or through ethiojobs.net.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”
Note: we do not receive hard copies