Purpose of the position:
The Site Hydrogeologist will perform water supply sources feasibility study, work proactively and make ready local supplies for drilling, supervise and follow-up drilling and pumping test works, prepare well completion report, collect water samples and timely submit for water quality test, engaged and facilitate bacteriological test, develop water sources database and prepare maps using GIS, work with respective government partners and hand over completed projects. Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
|· Carry out groundwater resources assessment for water supply purpose in the project woredas in partnership with respective government offices;
· Engaged in geophysical investigation/survey to identify potential groundwater sites for borehole drilling
· Organize and prepare standard feasibility study reports for water supply projects in compliance with the Donor’s requirement.
· Supervise the drilling and pumping test works, prepare well completion reports, develop water sources data base and generate maps using GIS.
· Work proactively and make ready any local drilling supplies and consumables before drilling implementation.
· Collect water samples from wells/sources and timely submit for physico-chemical water quality test.
· Work closely with the respective government partners and local community and handover the completed wells to the respective government office.
· Promote major cross cutting themes including environment, gender, protection, disability & peace building.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Required Professional Experience:
· 4 years of experience for MSc and 6 years for BSc
o NGO work experience preferably in the WASH/ groundwater development sector.
Education, training, license, registration, and certification
· B.Sc/MSC in Geology/Applied Geology/Earth Science/Hydrogeology/Geophysics/GIS & Remote Sensing
· Training or experience on water wells drilling and construction
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
· Demonstrated ability to perform field hydrogeological study and prepare standard feasibility study document
· Basic computer knowledge (Word, Excel, Outlook, power-point)
· Advanced knowledge of application software such as Arc-GIS, Global mapper, AquiTest, Strater, IPI2Win, IX1DV3, etc
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with respect for diversity
Travel and/or Work Environment
Field Project Office based with frequent travel to sites
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to Recruitment_ethiopia@wvi.org or through ethiojobs.net.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”
Note: we do not receive hard copies
** Please indicate you preferred duty station/district on the application form.
Duty station: At five Districts
1. Buie (Sodo Guraghe, SNNPRS),
2. Boset/Chefe Donsa (Gimbichu, Oromia)
3. Gojo/Adea Berga(Jeldu, Oromia),
4. Yed Wuha/Enemay (Shebel Berenta, Amhara)
5. Akesta/Kombolcha(Legambo, Amhara),