Deadline: Oct 2, 2022
The Ayuda en Acción Foundation is an International non-Governmental organization working in development and humanitarian work. Ayuda en Acción Ethiopia is registered as foreign Charity organization in Ethiopia and working in partnership with multiple development actors, government sectors, communities and their organizations to eradicate poverty and inequality. Our primary task is to promote improvements in the individual and collective capacities of the children, families and communities with whom we work.
AeAE is seeking experienced candidates for the position of Humanitarian Project manager based at Afar Regional State, SEMERA town. The humanitarian project integrates in responding to food security problems, nutrition, WASH, Protection and NFI in reducing suffering, saving lives and building the resilience capacities and favoring the reduction of food insecurity of disaster affected communities. ,
The successful candidate will vertically report to Director of Programs of AeAE country office, and functional reporting to senior Humanitarian Program manager and Director of Finance and Administrations of the National Office. He/she provides the overall strategic and operational management, coordination, monitoring support and implementation to the respective project staffs and project components being ultimately responsible for delivery of results, managing the budget, human and material resources and reporting.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assure the development and implementation of the 15 months plans and annual operation plans for the project: Manage the Project resources (human, financial and material) in coordination with the staffs and local partners as per the AeA and donor guidelines,
- Monitor the implementation of the 15 months plans, annual operations plans and specific plans, their implementation and reporting. Ensure the quality of the planned reports to the donor AECID. Also to provide any information or communication product related to the project, both to the national officers as well as to headquarters.
- Represent AeAE and establish partnerships/relationships with Public and Private Stakeholders, humanitarian and other development partners, networks, alliances, research and academic institutions in the project areas,
- Actively involved in assessing the needs and priorities of the conflict and drought affected communities in the project and surrounding, feasibility studies, for new project proposals complementary to the ongoing and apply to national and international donors’ calls.
- Active participation in the identification and formulation of humanitarian interventions complementary to and/or in continuity with the current one.
- Supports the country office, program/Finance and admin departments, project units in the implementation of recruiting staffs, purchase assets and properties for the project.
- Understand and assure the implementation of any system security and safety procedures and requirements to human resources management and assets.
- Protect the completeness, accuracy and integrity of accounting data and information based on AeA policies, procedures, donor regulations, and the law of the land.
- Monitor and Evaluate projects and provide data/feedback to the Ayuda en Accion knowledge-base.
- Documenting and reporting as per the AeA policies, procedures, donor regulations, and the law of the land.
Offer Terms and how to apply
Estimated Start Date: Immediate incorporation and fulltime work,
Contract type: Fixed term contract for 18 months with probation period indicated in the law of Ethiopia.
Duty station: Afar/Semera, with traveling to others districts in the project area.
Required Education, Skills & Experience:
- MA/MSC in Humanitarian development studies in general and DRR, emergency response, Livelihoods, resilience building, agriculture, agribusiness, market, value chain, development studies, etc in particular.
- A minimum of 8 years work experience in humanitarian programs/projects development and management (DRR, Food security and Agriculture, WASH, NFI, protection, and Gender equality) with national and International NGO,
- 3-4 years management experience in large scale humanitarian program/projects,
- Demonstrated experience in Fund raising and management, partnership development and management, networking and alliance building, human, financial and material resources management, M&E, documentation and reporting in reputable institution/s preferably in the NGO and Humanitarian sector,
- Work experience with range of donors including USAID/BHA, SSHF, EU, SDC, ECHO, AECID, etc,
- Active involvement in humanitarian clusters and alliance in humanitarian project development and implementation, documentation, information sharing and reporting,
- Proven experience in strategic planning and project/program design, with demonstrated experience in implementation, Capacity building, M&E,
- Strong knowledge of both long term and humanitarian development works, humanitarian and development partners, civil societies, private sector and landscape in Ethiopia.
- Knowledge, practical application and implications of humanitarian standards, participatory development approaches, tools, monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Ability to structure and manage complex tasks; including experience in work planning, coordination and activity budgeting and response to humanitarian and conflict/crises aspects,
- Demonstrated leadership and management of donor-funded humanitarian and long term development projects/programs,
- Demonstrated ability to engage partners and stakeholders at a high level across the humanitarian aspects, conflicts, crises, diverse ecosystem, and build effective partnership models,
- Demonstrated ability to analyze conflict, security, and political contexts,
- Results-oriented management experience of a large, diverse, and dynamic team, with strong leadership skills,
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to work independently and take initiative while also having strong team building skills,
- Practical and proven skills in negotiation and conflict resolution with a wide range of stakeholders essential,
- Excellent networking, alliance building and relationship-building skills.
- Fluent in English, spoken and written. Ability to interact confidently in English with colleagues and external contacts, to write documents and cohesive reports, and to present effectively relevant information.
- Able to communicate the respective local languages and culture are an advantage.
- Ability to travel and safely move to rural areas, complex operating environment, conflict areas and to Addis Ababa.
- Good behavior and attitude.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are advised to send a letter of application specifying the vacancy, duty station, CV with copies of testimonies reference persons and letters no later than October 01, 2022 via https://bit.ly/3fVsZCC.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.