Purpose of the Job:
To conduct the day-to-day monitoring activities related to Human Rights in the different sectors and at different levels, for the promotion and protection of children rights. In addition the role will be responsible to assist in the development and implementation of advocacy and campaign programs and activities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the undertaking of researches, studies and analyses to identify violations of human rights and legislative gaps with concrete recommendations in relation to child rights;
- Conduct regular monitoring on selected institutions to assess whether their policies, procedures and practices are in compliance with international and regional human rights standards relevant to child rights and produce reports with concrete remedial recommendations;
- Conduct awareness raising and campaigns on child rights to ensure adherence to national and international protection standards and guidelines;
- Support in advocating for child rights through dialogues, forums, conferences and other channels and mediums.
- Support in the development of human rights education on child rights.
- Support in the investigation of complaints on the violation of child rights.
- Collaborate with team members and contribute to and/or draft various human rights reports, communications, briefing notes, statement or other products in relation to child rights;
- Contribute to the development of annual plans for the thematic function in line with EHRC’s Strategic Plan and program priorities.
- Establish and maintain collaboration/partnership with relevant stakeholders, including government institutions, civil society organizations, media, UN agencies, private sector, development partners and other partners working on child rights;
- Support in monitoring and evaluation of projects on child rights against set objectives and indicators.
- Keep the Director informed with regular detailed and accurate reports on progress and hurdles of monitoring work.
- Perform additional assignments and delegations given by the Director.
REPORT TO: Director, Women and Children Rights
DURATION: Open Contract
SALARY RANGE: Gross monthly salary of ETB 19,157.00 – ETB 22,817.00 plus ETB 6,000.00 Housing allowance and ETB 1,500.00 Transport allowance, depending on candidates qualification, experience and earning history
Qualifications and Experience:
- LL.M/MA/BA in Human Rights Law, International Law, Gender studies or related fields
- Computer literate;
- Knowledge of Amharic is required. Knowledge of other local languages is advantageous;
- 4 years of relevant experience for BA and 2 years of relevant experience for MA.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should write a covering letter, explaining why they are interested in this role, why they are the right person for the job with a recent CV which should be sent to the following email address: HRM@ehrc.org
Please include the name and Location of the position on the subject of the email
Women candidates are encouraged to apply
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and written exam
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 3rd of November, 2021.