Chemonics International seeks a Human Resources Officer for the USAID-funded Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project. GHSC-PSM Ethiopia will serve as the primary vehicle through which USAID will procure and furnish health commodities, provide technical assistance to improve the country’s management of the supply chain, and collaborate with key international stakeholders to support global and local health initiatives.
The Human Resource (HR) Officer supports the HR Specialists on the GHSC-PSM Ethiopia Program by coordinating and providing support for all HR related functions. This includes but is not limited to assisting with recruitment, onboarding employees, files/records maintenance, communications and training and special projects. The HR Officer should be able to exemplify the Chemonics competencies and values. S/he will report to a GHSC-PSM Ethiopia project’s HR Specialist.
Chemonics is equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
The purpose of the Global Health Supply Chain– Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC- PSM) Program is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of United States Government (USG)-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, GHSC-PSM will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
At the country level, GHSC-PSM supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
- Global Commodity Procurement and Logistics
- Systems Strengthening Technical Assistance
- Global Collaboration to Improve Long-Term Availability of Health Commodities
The Human Resource (HR) Officer supports a HR Specialist on the GHSC-PSM Ethiopia Program on the daily HR related activities by assisting recruitment process, staff benefits, employee relations, policy implementation, communication and training, staff development oversight of HR related initiatives to comply with both regulatory requirements and Chemonics’ policies and procedures.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
As HR Officer on the GHSC-PSM Ethiopia Program, the employee is responsible for the following principal duties and responsibilities:
- Provide support during the interview process by
- placing advertisements and printing applications and CVs
- maintaining the recruitment interview panel
- preparing interview schedule and placing phone calls to candidates for confirmation
- arranging interviews and/or written/practical exams
- Compiling the results of tests, interview scoring sheets
- Collect interview feedback
- Assist with drafting communications
- Assist in preparing letters, memos, faxes and reports, distribution of documents
- Keep track of employee information
- Manage HR correspondence trackers
- Follow-up of staff pension process and recordings
- Maintain staff medical reimbursements
- Maintain staff leave records both electronically and in hard copies
- Setting appointments and arranging meetings
- Compiling reports and spreadsheets
- Assist the HR team during annual performance review process
- Assist in compiling Annual Performance Review reports
- Draft and/or record internal and external written incoming and outgoing correspondence of the HR unit
- Performs similar other duties as required
Level of Effort and Location
- This long-term position will be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, with intermittent travel throughout the program’s target regions as needed.
- The HR Officer will report to a GHSC-PSM HR Specialist
Qualifications and Desired Attributes:
- University degree in management or related field from recognized institution
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in human resources function
- Experience working on an international donor-funded program, USAID-funded preferred
- Honest, reliable, hard-working, and professional demeanor
- Ability to communicate effectively in a cross-cultural environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills: demonstrated ability to interact professionally with a culturally diverse staff, clients, and consultants.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and ability to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Strong communication English skills (oral and written)
- Demonstrated intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications
How to Apply
To apply, please reply to this e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and please specify the position title as subject line in your application . Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; no telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.