DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Human Resources and Operations Officer develops and manages the Human Resources functions within Amhara Development Association (ADA) for the USAID Family Focused HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment services to optimally achieve attraction, retention and development of staff /human capital. S/he is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function, and develops and administers various human resources plans and procedures for all staff. This entails the development, implementation and maintenance of effective people management processes, as well as the administration of staff matters concerning remuneration, benefits and records, human capital management and support services based on the actualization of potential and motivation to succeed in career.
The HR and Operations Officer is also responsible to supervises organizations Fleet Management, Procurement Function and Field level Events coordination. S/he monitor procurement function of commodities /goods, semi-annual market assessment and annual preferred vendor selection. S/he shall ensure compliance of procurement with USAID regulations, project agreement terms and conditions as well as organizational policy. S/he shall coordinate the regular field events (workshop arrangement, hotel reservation, land transportation, air travel and assigning Drivers.
The HR and Operations Officer works under direct supervision of Grant, Finance and admin director and supervises drivers, drivers/purchaser, cashier/Operations assistant.
- Coordinates human resources activities, such as employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, training, and employee services.
- Analyzes salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan.
- Ensure compensation and employee benefits.
- Ensure that ADA -HR policies are maintained.
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of HR records
- Update project HR profile, personnel files and documentation
- Oversees and monitors employees time sheet.
- Oversees hiring process: coordinating job posts, recruits, interviews, tests, and selects employees to fill vacant positions, reviews CVs, perform reference checks, new-employee orientation.
- Facilitate and Keeps records of benefit plans participation such as life and health insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations, employee statistics.
- Coordinates management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
- Facilitate and monitor annual performance appraisal for project staff
- Ensures project staffs completed USAID mandatory trainings
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Facilitate contract services, such as temporary employees, consultants, firms.
- Produce Annual Procurement Plan in consultation with budget holders with details of budget availability, required quantity, and estimated price.
- Produce Annual Preferred vendor list for regular goods /services required by the project
- Conduct Semi-annual Market Survey for regular goods/service required by the project and generate average market price index.
- Produce Quarterly Procurement Plan & Report.
- Produce Monthly Procurement Status Update to project leadership team.
- Define clear specification for Purchase Request and/or Terms of Reference (ToR) for tenders in collaboration with the technical experts and Grant, Finance and admin director
- Prepare appropriate purchase order and contracts for review by Grant, Finance and admin director and approval by COP.
- Ensure proper authorization of each procurement transaction as per organization procurement policy and Procurement Matrix.
- Maintain appropriate documentation for all procurement and present for review and verification by internal/external audit.
- Follow the proper handling, storage, inventory, and disposition of project property
- Provide expert advice on appropriate procurement procedure to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure value for money through competitive bidding, planned bulk purchase.
- Make all purchases in the best interests of the organization
- Plan in-house or off-site event activities along with program coordinators.
- Arranges and facilitates venues and logistics required for review meetings, trainings, workshops, staff meetings /retreat.
- Make travel arrangements, assign drivers for the events.
- Ensure timely delivery of required supplies, stationaries and printing materials
Fleet Management functions
- Plan & implement regular tasks including licencing, registration, renewal, fuelling and log sheet tracking.
- Ensure organization vehicle utilizations policies and procedures are up to date, communicated and adherers by all employees.
- Ensure organization vehicles have covered by proper insurance policies and follow-up on claims with insurance agent as required.
- Ensure Vehicle incident handling with insurance companies.
- Organize timely vehicle repair and maintenance per the identified Garages.
- Identify & maintain adequate stock of tires and equipment.
- Keep a record of all parts purchased for the vehicles.
- Coordinate vehicle allocations for project activity
- Review Vehicle log sheet and monitor irregularities on fuel consumption.
- Maintain a file for each vehicle such as repair /maintenance and damage /accident history.
- Follow-up on renewal of drivers driving licence and periodic eye examination.
- Record any violations of vehicle use and take action as necessary according to Organization policies and procedures.
- Manage rental vehicles. Ensure that all rented vehicles are inspected before they are sent for assignments. Ensure timely submission of invoice and payment of rental vehicles
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned by the immediate supervisor or the senior leadership team or the Chief of Party.
REPORTS TO: Grant, Finance and Admin Director
PROJECT: ADA-USAID-Family Focused HIV Prevention, Care & Treatment Services
MINIMUM HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources management, Human Sciences, Business/ Procurement /Supply Management, and or other related fields. Having a master’s degree is desirable.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience of Human Resource and Operations Management; of which 3 years should have been coordination role at professional level.
- Previous working experience with USAID Projects and NGO is desired.
- Proven Experience of using Office suite, Excel, Ms Word, Outlook and data base
- The incumbent should have a good mix of abilities between task orientation and interpersonal / relationship sensitivity.
- Excellent English and Amharic communication skills
- Willing to travel extensively within and outside the region
How to Apply