Duty Station: Hawassa
Employee Status: Fixed Term
The HR officer will be responsible recruitment and selection within delegated authority, induction of new staffs joining the field office, staff benefit management (medical, education and leave), Staff performance management process, Registering new employees on HRIS, online time sheet submission of Hawassa FO on time HR reports and giving HR support like update and insert HR data in the data base, Management of FO staff files/documentation, follow up renewal of contract, , responsible and insure the newly hired Hawassa FO staff documents send it to CO on time and follow up pension case with Government office and ensure admin related activities of the FO covered by him/her
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 2: either the role holder will have access to personal data about children and/or young people as part of their work; or they will be working in a ‘regulated’ position (accountant, barrister, solicitor, legal executive); therefore, a police check will be required (at ‘standard’ level in the UK or equivalent in other countries).
JOB SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- HR officer will be responsible to assist FOM recruitment and selection within delegated authority,
- Induction of new staffs joining the field office HRC & Other Departments
- Staff benefit management (medical, education and leave),
- Staff performance management process,
- Registering new employees on HRIS and Oracle system,
- Follow up of online time sheet submission of Robe FO on time
- Preparing HR reports and giving HR support like update and insert HR data in the data base,
- Management of FO staff files/documentation
- Follow up renewal of contract, ,
- Responsible and insure the newly hired the FO staff documents send it to CO on time and
- Follow up of pension case with Government office
- Manage the HR Assistant activities,
- Assistant the FOM in site-level recruitment processes and ensure that relevant staffing structures in all operations departments are in place and are reflective of appropriate gender balance.
- Support the FO to promote professional development by identifying training and capacity building opportunities and ensure protection staff are well versed in SCI code of conduct, accountability, and prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse.
- Support the FOM with collaboration of FO program Managers, to ensure staff objectives are set and that evaluations and performance reviews are conducted on a regular basis including Provision period.
- Ensure for FO staffs online timesheet timely Submission and Registration of HRIS and oracle system,
- Ensuring that all staffs personal file contains necessary information, ensure that employment letter, and other staffs related letters ( contract extension, transfer, promotion, salary adjustment, etc) are properly signed by staff;
- Ensures proper implementation of policies and procedures in relation to Human Resource Management
- Ensuring that all staffs acknowledgement certificate on Child safeguarding, safety & security & rest of Core polices is read & signed & documented in each personal files.
- Provide induction for all newly recruited staffs
- Make sure that staffs leave balance is properly recorded on soft and hard copy
- Managing staffs Pension case other additional HR and admin related activities given by the FOM In order to be successful you will bring/have:
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and SCI Filed Offices accountable to deliver on their responsibilities –giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for his/her self, takes responsibility for his or her own development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
Honest, encourages openness and transparency
MINIMUM QUALFICATION AND EXPEREINCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Business Administration, or related field
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience of in management of HR, in the NGO
environment, including significant field operations experience
- Reasonable level of proficiency to read, write and communicate in English
- Female applicants are appreciated
- Broad understanding programs management and operations
- Ability to work independently and take personal initiative
- Strong supervisory management skill
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer software skills
- Personal Competencies:
- Eagerness to do the work
- Dedication to objectives
- Ability to work in a team setting, friendliness and resourcefulness (Teamwork)
- Respectful of oneself and others
- Quality conscious and ready to learn new ways of doing things
Commitment to the aims and principles of SC including willingness to abide and enforce the Child Safeguarding Policy. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.
Please add further detail here as required. For example: This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.