Dan Church Aid (DCA) DCA is a Danish Humanitarian and Development organisation working to assist and empower people affected by poverty and disasters to live a life in dignity. In Ethiopia, DCA’s area of works includes humanitarian response, food security, resilience building of vulnerable community members, and gender and capacity building of civil society organisations. DCA currently has its main office in Addis Ababa and field offices in Gambella, Bale, Afar and Waghimra.
Currently, DCA Ethiopia Office is looking for a competent SAFTEY AND SECURITY COORDINATOR, who will provide operational input and planning to all DCA projects and work to ensure that organizational safety and security policies and procedures are responsive to the context.
Overall Job purpose:
The SSC will provide operational input and planning to all DCA projects and work to ensure that organizational safety and security policies and procedures are responsive to the context, adequate and known to all staff and visitors to the programme. You will advise on humanitarian access processes and approaches, develop and facilitate access in existing and new locations for DCA offices and activities.
- Provide technical support to the Senior Management Team (SMT) on all policies, procedures, guidelines and planning for staff safety, operational security and programme continuity;
- Travel regularly to field locations and assess all project location access routes;
- Develop, evaluate, review and update the security management plans on a regular basis. Reference and ensure compliance with DCA Security Policies, Manuals and Frameworks within the Security Management Plan and all annexes;
- Conduct and update security assessments for DCA’s areas of operation, and formulate and share comprehensive security and risk assessment reports;
- Work with SMT to develop, consolidate and implement operating procedures and contingency plans;
- Develop and maintain relationships with local authorities, local leaders and other power brokers within DCA areas of operations. Work to ensure that DCA, its mission and work in the areas of operations is known and accepted by all stakeholders. Report outcomes, updates and recommendations to the SMT;
- Liaise with all relevant local, national and international security actors, and security management counterparts within the humanitarian community including UNDSS;
- Work closely with logistics and financial department on the preparation of well-formulated and realistic security budgets as well as to ensure assets control;
- Formulate and maintain up to date risk analysis matrix for DCA areas of interest;
- Ensure adequate security measures are in place for DCA premises, DCA staff, DCA assets, and DCA operations;
- Mentor and capacity build DCA Field Office Coordinators, following a structured training plan with clear objectives and target indicators;
- Develop safety and security training programme for DCA staff and provide regular trainings for DCA staff on security preparedness, prevention and response. Trainings should include Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs), Contingency Plans (CPs); Security Management; Incident Reporting; Prevention and Response Mechanisms; Communication methods and protocols, etc.
- Other Admin and operational issues as required from the Country Director.
Vacancy Number: DCA-Eth/VA-/025/21
Type of Contract: One year with possibility of extension
Reporting to: DCA Country Director
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
Required knowledge and experience:
The post holder should be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- A minimum of five years experience working in a similar role or a masters degree in security or related field plus three years experience or a combination of both experience and education that meets these requirements.
- Fluency in English, spoken and written;
- Organised and able to work under pressure;
- Applicants are to provide a Medical Clearance Certificate indicating that they are Physically and Mentally fit to function in the role.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should apply for the post via the below link
DCA is an equal opportunity employer and all interested candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of age, race, gender, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation. Please do not mention your religious or ethnic affiliation in your application.