Duties and Responsibilities of: HIV Service Specialist
HIV Service Specialist will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing the implementation of all FFHPCT activities to find new pediatric HIV cases and to support adherence and VL suppression among C & ALHIV within the organization. The HIV Service Specialist will have primary responsibility for supervising and supporting CEF and SSWs to ensure expect results and producing accurate reports with quality.
The responsibility of HIV Service Specialist for Maedot USAID FFHPCT activity is to facilitate and ensure the success of USAID FFHPCT implementation. You would be responsible for the overall community and facility based activities in close cooperation with the Program Coordinator and other responsible staff from the organization to achieve FFHPCT targets. The post holder will ensure that programs are implemented per agreements and that technical quality is of the highest standard.
Specific Function and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with the team and partners to achieve project objectives and strategies, to deliver targets and the operational plans of the project
- support technically CEF,SSW and CRP in the activities on HIV case finding through index case testing ,HIV self-testing ,improve engagement , retention and adherence of PLWHA in care,
- Lead or participate in integrated HIV service delivery trainings rollout to CEF,SSW and CRP and its supervision.
- Support evidence based innovation techniques for HIV case finding, retention and adherence
- Support mentoring and coaching of CEF,SSW and CRP staffs and area program teams on HIV service care and treatment activities of the project
- Participate in regular joint supervision mission with stakeholder to ensure quality service delivery
- Represent Maedot team in TWG ,taskforces on HIV services delivery at sub city and woreda level Health bureau ,and other stakeholders
- Assure compliance to HIV service standards and procedures other regulatory standards established by FMOH and USAID
- Support the development of annual work plans, monthly and quarterly reports and other reports as needed
- Participates in quality improvement and quality management initiatives with the team
- Prepare and submit regular and timely performance reports to program coordinator
- Hold coordination meetings with the Sub-city Health Office to ensure CEF are able to carry out their facility-based activities (e.g. patient chart reviews, line listing) and collaboration for targeted household level demand creation for HIV testing.
- Support the organization and implementation of community-based HIV testing outreaches.
- With inputs from CEF, monitor test kit availability in HFs and address shortages with HFs and the Sub-city Health Office in a timely and proactive way to avoid stock outs.
- Supervise the CEF and M&E specialist in the implementation of their family focused HIV prevention, care and treatment responsibilities on an on-going basis.
- Monitor the CEF performance in the achievement of their FFHPC Ttargets by reviewing their daily and weekly
- Provide feedback to CEF on their performance on a weekly basis. Provide coaching to address any performance issues.
- Attend the Biweekly CAG coordination meeting with MENA and health bureau.
- Compile, analyze and submit daily, weekly and monthly data to MENA, HIV Service Director using the FFHPCT reporting tools.
- Any other task designated by the Program Coordinator, Executive Director and the organization as whole to ensure proper functioning of the project.
Report to: Program Coordinator
Term of Employment: one year with possible extension based on availability of funds
- Bachelor science degree (BSc) and Above in Public Health and other related fields from a recognized institution/University.
- Four Year experience in USAID projects setting and experience in the CHCT Project has an Asset
- Has Training on ICT/PNS, CAG, PCAD and Case Management
- Computer application skill
- Communications skills
- Fluency in English and local languages
How to Apply