|Providing nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population|
|• Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment. Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality at all times.
• Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, daily rounds and other medical procedures. Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
• Identifying Sexually Gender Based Violence victims and referring them to the medical team so they can receive the necessary treatment. Knowing and is aware of the importance and appropriate use of the Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit
• Ensuring patients are properly received and installed and that those with lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements and comfort. For ER and OPD nurse, ensuring triage of patients in waiting areas, wards or during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care and referring them to the doctor when necessary
• Sending material to be sterilized and recuperates it from sterilization
• Carrying out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients (i.e. assessment of the evolution of their state of health and the identification of any emergency situation or deterioration
• Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.), ensuring an appropriate written/oral handover, and reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise. Participating in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors informed .
• Participating in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance (quality and its functioning, storage conditions, follow-up of expired drugs inventories, stock takes of medicines and material at every team changeover ensuring no material is taken out of nursing area/wards without prior authorisation, etc.)
• Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
• Supervising and training nurse-aids, nutritional assistants, cleaners and other related staff under his/her supervision, ensuring teamwork and adherence to all appropriate protocols and procedures
|MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities|
|· Ensure that protocols are strictly followed and implemented.
· Ensure the clinical health and nutrition consultation of SAM cases (In ATFC and ITFC) by following strictly the MoH/MSF protocols and provide individual health and nutrition counselling, refer the case to the clinical officer/MD in case of need.
· Ensure proper, clear and accurate data recording on clinical registration book and nutrition cards.
· Taking referral cases to hospitals as needed, supporting patient registration in a referred hospital and handovering of patient to hospital staffs. Supporting MSF doctors and supervisors in hospitals visits.
· Performing basic Nursing procedures in Pediatric such vital signs taking & monitoring; accurate documentation/charting; cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) for newborn infants; and the ability to start and terminate an intravenous (IV) line.
|Education||• Essential recognized nurse degree/diploma, with valid nursing license
• Desirable Bachelor in Science of Nursing
|Experience||• Desirable 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGO’s
• Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting
|Languages||Local language essential. Mission language desirable|
|Competencies||• Results and Quality Orientation L1
• Teamwork and Cooperation L1
• Behavioural Flexibility L1
• Commitment to MSF Principles L1
• Stress Management L2
How to Apply
All applicants should send their application files (composed by CV, cover letter, educational records, work certificates and copy of ID card) by email to email@example.com OR drop their application file in the letter box at the gate in the Guji Project Office IN ANY CASE, NAME AND POSITION SHOULD BE CLEARLY MENTIONED AS SUBJECT.
Posting date: September 15, 2021
Closing date: September 25, 2021 (5PM international time).
ANY INCOMPLETE APPLICATION AND/OR
ENVELOP WITHOUT NAMES+POSITION AND/OR
EMAIL WITHOUT NAME+POSITION IN THE SUBJECT
WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
WOMEN AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES (compatible with the nature of work) ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Copies of CV + supporting documents are non-returnable. Phone calls are not allowed.