Purpose of the position:
Lead in the production of high-quality graphic design and publication resources, for internal and external audiences. Act as the senior designer and head creative with the ability to mentor and train junior staff. The Communications & Marketing Department requires effective, accessible, up-to-date communications resources. Reporting to the Creative Services Manager, contribute to the enhanced profile of World Vision Ethiopia nationally and internationally, ensuring that our stories demonstrate how we are keeping Our Promise to the world’s most vulnerable children and that children’s voices are amplified through high-quality, multi-purposed content that inspires and connects with target audiences and that impact-led content drives and grows engagement with key audiences, demonstrating World Vision expertise.
• As senior designer, manage the production of high-quality graphic design and publication resources and projects that builds World Vision brand awareness and increases trust
• Manage and implement the technical and creative design of resources for live events
• Ensure World Vision’s global brand is aligned and brought to life across all content resources
• Produce high quality graphic design and publication resources for local and international audiences
– Concept, style-guide, and graphic design new creative projects
– Layout and produce printed and digital publication resources
– Support, liaise and coordinate graphic design and publication related workflow with Field, Technical Programme, Grant, and Emergency Communicators
– Ensure all World Vision Ethiopia resources are on-brand from a design perspective and are updated regularly; powerpoints, stationary, website design elements, factsheets, posters, annual reports, brochures, merchandise, etc
• Create high-quality motion graphics for use in video and website implementation
• Manage Content Flow, StoryHub, and other content management systems
• Ensure the secure and catalogued management of all Communications design digital assets
• Ensure effective communications job flow and project management with Public Engagement, Marketing and national level Advocacy campaigns – ensuring calendars, timetables, schedules, and itineraries are kept
• Ensure the Integrated Communications Coordinators in Field, Technical Programmes, Grants, and Emergencies (HEA) receive on-going support, capacity building, instruction and guidance regarding graphic design and publication resources.
Number of Position: Two
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Required Professional Experience:
• 5-years experience creating high-quality graphic design and publication resources in magazine or print media, television and broadcast media, international humanitarian and development sector, corporate and business communications, or creative agencies
• Demonstrated experience working with external production partner relationships, such as agencies or production companies
• Advanced technical skills in several of the major areas of the job, such as; graphic design and publication management including advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, AfterEffects, Animate, Dreamweaver, Acrobat, etc)
• Proven experience of training and capacity building of others
• Advanced level of computer proficiency, Mac and PC
• Experience working with children and youth.
Education, training, license, registration, and certification
• Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, Media, Journalism, Arts or similar
• Professional certifications in any of the technical areas of communications or marketing
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Thorough knowledge of the marketing, communication, and media industry
• Thorough knowledge of international development, World Vision development practice, and marketing and communications needs
Travel and/or Work Environment
• Working primarily in the head office in Addis Ababa, semi-regular travel locally and internationally will be required.
• Travel by road, flexibility with accommodation and dietary arrangements. Ability to partake in on-location production or live events.
• Fluency: Amharic is required
Working knowledge: professional English language required
• Other local languages are beneficial
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to Recruitment_ethiopia@wvi.org or through ethiojobs.net.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”
Note: we do not receive hard copies.