TechnoServe, founded over 50 years ago, is a leader in harnessing the power of the private sector to help people lift themselves out of poverty. A nonprofit organization operating in 29 countries, we work with enterprising men and women in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. By linking people to information, capital and markets, we have helped millions to create lasting prosperity for their families and communities.
The Grants and Contracts team serves as a partner to our program teams by supporting and managing donor awards, procurements, and subawards. In addition, the team provides advice, best practices, and training on other donor compliance issues, from initial grant award through award close-out. The Grants and Contracts Analyst plays a critical function in grant management, supporting and working closely with country programs in all aspects of grant and subgrant administration.
TechnoServe is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the Grants and Contracts Analyst position to support TechnoServe’s Department team in East Africa, In addition, the Grants and Contracts Analyst will work closely with our teams in seven countries and across a variety of donors.
CORE REQUIREMENTS & ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Understand and utilize institutional policies for pre-award grants and contract processes and donor guidelines.
- Review and analyze all pre-award due diligence documentation to assess institutional capacity and internal controls of subrecipients/subgrantees; advise project team in establishing appropriate risk mitigation measures to include in subawards.
- Assist with completing due diligence requests from donors
- Review newly awarded contracts, grants, and cooperative agreements advise teams on donor terms and conditions to support project implementation and compliance.
- Prepare and disseminate Award Management Summaries, including coordinating with the project team to capture relevant project implementation detail as it relates to compliance.
- Coordinate administrative kick-off calls for new awards.
- Develop and review sub-agreements in accordance with prime agreements and their respective flow-down provisions.
- Ensure donor milestones are completed and recorded, subrecipient monitoring is conducted and recorded, and closeout reports are completed and documented.
- Prepare or review requests for donor approvals and modifications such as no-cost extensions, changes in key personnel, changes in the scope of work and program add-ons, and budget realignments.
- Review and approve procurements for goods and services contracts and purchase orders in accordance with TechnoServe procurement policy and donor terms and conditions.
- Monitor award closeout process and assist program/country staff in collecting necessary close-out documents in accordance with TechnoServe and donor regulations. Develop donor-specific close plans for use by country staff.
- Complete other tasks as assigned
- Work with Awards and Compliance Manager to train field staff on TechnoServe Procurement Policies and Procedures.
- Work closely with Finance and Operation colleagues to assist in researching issues and ensure task completion
- Assist Awards & Compliance Manager in documenting and improving processes for the East Africa Award portfolio
- Bachelor’s Degree + 3 years relevant experience OR Master’s Degree + 1-year relevant work experience
- Knowledge and ability to interpret and apply USG regulations (CFR and FAR) required
- Experience with other bilateral/multilateral donors required
Required Languages: English Fluency Required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized
- Able to thrive in a dynamic multi-country team environment
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants should click the link to apply for the Position( https://rb.gy/rg89ny) and submit a cover letter resume as a single document (either Word or PDF) by September 30, 2021. Applications will be reviewed and considered as received/on a rolling basis. Please note that we are not accepting CVs that are not send through the indicated link.
TechnoServe encourages diversity at all levels and across all facets of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability, and all other protected classes
TechnoServe has the right to cancel this advertisement.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.