As an International Christian Humanitarian Development organization, World Vision Ethiopia (WVE) is trusted to deliver integrated programs with target communities through its 51 Area programs (APs) located in seven regional states of the country. WVE envisions a thriving organization where our strong leadership at all levels results in improved delivery of results for children.
Purpose of the position:
Livelihoods & Nutrition Security Programme Head, in advising, leading and providing technical support in mainstreaming gender and disability in all approaches, strategies and programs of the project and within the Technical Programme. Furthermore, this position is expected to support WVE in implementation of its overall strategic direction to maximize the quality and impact of its programs and optimize the benefits for boys, girls, men and women including CWD.
The incumbent is expected to lead the process of mainstreaming gender and disability inclusion across all Regreening the Glob activities and interventions as well as Livelihood & nutrition Technical programs. In addition, the incumbent provide technical assistance and capacity building opportunities to WVE staff in gender and disability mainstreaming and monitor, evaluate the progress made in the area of gender transformative programming and inclusion of people with disabilities and advice on strategic direction.
- Provide guidance and leadership for the overall mainstreaming of Gender & disability for Livelihood & Nutrition Projects.
- Mentor, coach and provide managerial and technical support to project officer, program staffs, data collectors in respect to Gender activity of the Technical program and RtG project
- Plan, coordinate and take part in the collection, evaluation and dissemination of Gender & Disability information, facilitate need assessment and gap identification of Gender programming skills and application of division’s sector offices, Cluster program (CP) and Area Programs (AP)s;
- Coordinates and network with Divisions, sector offices, CP, APs and other governmental, Nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) and private organizations;
- Preparation of Gender Mainstreaming implementation annual action Plan
· Plan and provide technical support to projects under the technical programs.
· Produce Gender outputs/results of different assessments, baseline surveys, design and redesign processes and monitoring and evaluation activities;
· Coordinate data collection from Primary & secondary sources.
· Ensure the integration of gender and disability inclusion in the process of grant acquisition, strategy development and implementation, project design and planning.
· Provide technical support and coordinate the implementation of gender and disability related interventions in the field and at the National level.
Provides Technical Support
· Facilitate technical support to WVE, Livelihood & Nutrition Technical Programme on the Programming of Gender & Inclusion.
· Attend and contribute to professional meetings, seminars, workshops, meetings and conferences related to Gender & disability issues internally as well as externally;
Training & Capacity Building
· Plan, coordinate and facilitate awareness creation on Gender & Disability among higher management, division sector office and program staffs of the organization
Plan, coordinate and facilitate training manual development and conducts Gender & Disability training to program staff, community members & key stakeholders.
· At least five years relevant experience in Gender and development, social inclusion and related areas.
· Awareness of or interest in gender equity and equality at local levels is an asset.
· University degree in Gender Studies, social work, sociology, psychology, education or other relevant fields.
· Certificate in specialized training related to gender and inclusion programing
· Knowledge and experience on humanitarian response programming an asset.
· Knowledge of and ability to implement integrated programs in the development and emergency context.
· Demonstrated flexibility and creativity in planning and problem-solving skills.
Working Environment / Conditions:
· Work environment: Office-based
· Travel: Frequent travel to project site, RO, CPO and AP
· On call: 25%
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to Recruitment_ethiopia@wvi.org.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”
Note: we do not receive hard copies