We are seeking a talented, experienced individual to join our distribution company as a fleet manager. As part of our logistics team, you oversee the delivery and transportation processes and systems for the organization as a whole by developing a high-level view of our present capabilities and challenges and forming recommendations for procedural improvements to improve efficiency and support business objectives. You manage logistics, implement efficient and effective planning and maintaining use of resources. Our ideal candidate has at least a bachelor’s degree in logistics, business management, or a relevant field and 5 years of experience in fleet management from which 3 years in managerial position coupled with superb attention to detail, strong multitasking ability, and excellent communication skills
You will plan, organize, execute and improve maintenance process of all company fleet in order to meet the quality and cost objectives of the business. You are also responsible to put in place effective fleet management system and ensure proper management of all company fleet.
Duties and responsibilities
1.1 Determine vision and key priorities for the department in order to ensure the full achievement of the desired results for the fleet management function:
- Develop medium- and short-term strategies and cost control procedures in the Fleet department
- Develop, update and implement procedures for the Fleet department,
- Mentor and assist the procurement team in developing procurement specifications for vehicle purchases.
- Set targets (in line with vision and cost performance measurement) in the department annually.
- Determine key performance indicators for maintenance management and fleet compliance to internal and external standards
2.1 Control Preventive and corrective maintenance work to ensure maximum fleet utilization
- Monitor maintenance operation for all company fleet to ensure quality maintenance.
- Responsible to manage the operation in the two company owned maintenance facilities
- Ensure that all repairs and maintenance activities are done in accordance with the established standards to achieve maximum reliability with minimum downtime
- Monitor preventive and corrective maintenance, to ensure effectiveness scheduled preventive maintenance and break downs are also properly fixed.
- Forecast and prepare orders for spare parts, tires and materials required for the fleet operation.
- Ensure fleet availability to meet all requests by scheduling and surveying current maintenance trends.
- Develop and implement operational standards to maintain vehicles by advocating best practices in industry.
2.2 Establish and organize fleet information in order to assist management decision
- Maintain and monitor data management system to organize fleet in different categories based on usage and type.
- Ensure that all reports and information related to fleet management are produced on a timely basis, analyse information and ensure quality and accuracy of report prior to distribution
- Design and implement a Vehicle Replacement plan having estimated the technical condition and lifespan of the fleet and ensure proper write off and disposal of replaced fleet.
2.3 Ongoing performance measurement in order to ensure continuous improvement of performance in the department
- Monitor the achievement of performance indicators,
- Analyse relevant data in order to ensure the improvement of the results obtained in the department,
- Identify deviations compared to the indicators and objectives,
- Take corrective and improvement actions (short and medium) for the recovery and adjustment of deviations,
- Ensure the implementation of best practices, agreed corrective actions and improvement actions,
- Assess individual and team performance against work plan/ expectations.
- Weekly and monthly performance measurement in maintenance management
- Streamline and monitor fuel purchase system with assistance of Fuel Cards for all vehicles and drivers
- Ensure implementation of strategies outlined in matters of costs management that enhance performance of the company and Monitor fuel usage
2.4 Fleet management process and control systems improvement
- Ensure effective process improvement
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and escalate to appropriate level for approval.
- Implement approved process improvement initiatives.
- Ensure continuing relevance and effectiveness of fleet management processes, systems and controls.
- Contribute in Cost management activities
- Coordinate Training & Education of within the department
- Ensure compliance with local laws and regulations
- Perform other activities as assigned by line manager
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in business administration/ mechanical engineering/automotive engineering or related fields
- 5 years of relevant experience in fleet management from which 3 years in managerial position.
- Computer skills: Excel, Word, knowing how to manipulate an ERP system
- Good knowledge of Ethiopian legislation in transport and insurance
How to Apply
- To apply please use the email address below
Apply in person at Mezid, Plaza behind Addis Ababa University School of Commerce 8th floor office number 808
- When you apply please send your updated application letter and CV
- write the position on the subject line of the email
- No phone calls are available