Location: Addis Ababa
Deadline: Oct 3, 2022
To manage Samaritan’s Purse’s International relief finances, ensuring that finance systems/ procedures are adhered to, maintaining financial control, and minimizing any associated risks within the context of the humanitarian aid. As part of an experienced finance team you will help coordinate daily financial activities through preparation and delivery of financial services.
- Support the Finance Manager in setting up and implementing Samaritan’s Purse accounting systems and procedures over cash
- Provide required weekly reports by specified deadlines to the Finance Manager as assigned
- Ensure financial/accounting activity is carried out accurately and in accordance with Samaritan’s Purse field accounting policies
- Review and ensure accuracy of financial transactions for Samaritan’s Purse field operations based in the region as appropriate (includes vouchers, FERs, Cash Advances, transfers, etc.)
- Ensure all cash is reconciled on a daily basis, reporting any over/under to Finance Manager and investigate any over/under situations
- Administer all cash advances to employees and partners, reconciling all receipts and cash
- Support internal and external audit activities
- Ensure finance documents are properly filed and maintained
- Responsible for deducting Withholding taxes on payment declarations to ERCA thereof
- Support banking and maintain a healthy relationship with the banks and tax office.
- Provide support to Base Officer and/or Program Managers with regard to financial policies/practices and related areas
- Identify areas of feasible financial and administrative improvement
- Ensure that the financial records are properly maintained
- Any other duties as may be required from time to time
Education / Experience Needed
§ Bachelor of Art in Accounting/Finance or Business Management.
§ At least two years’ experience preferably in an NGO/INGO setting.
§ Additional qualification will be of added advantage
How to Apply
Interested applicants can send only updated CV and application letter to email@example.com no later than October 3, 2022. Please write the position title you are applying for in the email subject line, “Finance Officer”