FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender equality, youth, research, technology, communication, and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development and humanitarian challenge in more than 70 countries. FHI 360’s Crisis Response team is responding to the humanitarian emergency in Tigray, focusing on emergency health, nutrition and WASH activities to support the goal of reducing morbidity and mortality.
Ensure that financial transactions are carried out, reported and documented in a timely manner in accordance with general accounting principles, and FHI 360 and donor guidelines.
- Maintains complete of workbooks accounts, as per FHI 360 policies.
- Checking of all payment claims to ensure compliance of FHI 360 policy & procedures, valid Scheme of Delegation, FHI 360 Donors compliance requirements, In-country law and any other official regulatory authority.
- Ensures that all payments are properly coded to record against active projects and complete authorization of respective
Budget Holder as per FHI 360 Scheme of Delegation.
- Ensures that all program implementation activities require direct or indirect involvement of disbursement of incentives,
contractors, beneficiaries should safe guarded by segregation of duty.
- Assists Finance Manager to strengthen internal controls & internal controls environment.
- Actively participate in engaging of financial issues and activities review meetings.
- Prepares/reviews Bank and cash GFAS, financial data entry on daily basis.
- Ensures that monthly bank reconciliations for all Bank accounts are prepared on regularly basis.
- Assists ADF tracking of all balance sheets accounts on monthly basis and at the end of each award.
- Ensures that daily financial matters are handled in a systematic, accurate and transparent manner.
- Monitors cash & bank flows on daily basis and maintain close coordination with financial institutions to ensure smooth cashflows. Safe guard FHI 360 cash from assessed/known risks.
- If due to unforeseen reasons institutional banking system services are not available, alternative arrangements should be arranged with prior consent of Finance Manager and Response Coordinator.
- Assists Field Office & Country Office finance teams during internal & external audit, donor specific audit, any authorized third party review of financial records.
- Maintains working relationship with FHI 360 partners and support Field Office & Country Office to ensure smooth financial implementation of projects through partners.
- Escalates any noted financial risks and fraud activities directly to Finance Manager and Response
- Reviews official e-mails daily, respond to queries from colleagues and external authorities in a timely and
appropriate manner, and ensure any problematic issues are raised with the line manager at the earliest opportunity.
- Responsible for professional direction/delegation/supervision/accountability of reporting staff as per Job Descriptions or any official documentation.
- Confirms that payments related to procurement have the necessary documentation as outlined in FHI 360 procurement
policies and procedures for all goods and services.
- Maintenance of a proper and transparent filling system of all documents relation to finance.
- Confirms availability of funds before authorization of project expenditures.
- Ensures all financial transactions have the required supporting document
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Applies a thorough knowledge of financial management, investment capital, and risk analysis, debt management, and investment analysis, legal and regulatory compliance pertaining to the respective industry.
- Proficient knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Internal Control Fundamentals.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet software required.
- Has a thorough knowledge of external regulations as well as internal corporate policies and procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data, identify/resolve errors and prepare reports.
- Ability to motivate and work well with others.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Analyzes moderately complex business operations and financial statements.
- Reviews and determines compliance with laws and regulations; draws conclusions; makes recommendations for approval.
- Reviews and analyze recommendations from peers.
- Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results would normally require a moderate expenditure of resources to rectify.
- Works under very general supervision. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Contributes to the completion of organizational projects and goals.
- Serves as a resource to others in resolving moderately complex problems; identifies substantive issues that are thoroughly and accurately researched and analyzed.
- ·Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent in finance, accounting or related fields
- Minimum of 5 Years of progressively responsible accounting, finance and operational management.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and HRIS /Payroll systems.
- Vocational or specialized training desired.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO) desirable but not required.
- Fluent in local language and excellent in English.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift/move up to 5 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer/Laptop, Microsoft applications (i.e., Office 365, SharePoint, Skype/Zoom/Teams), cell phone/mobile technology, and standard office equipment.
- Less than 10%
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.