Deadline: Oct 6, 2022
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
Provides support in the implementation of internal controls for processing project-level transactions in accordance with GAAP, MTI Finance Manual and donor requirements. Provide support on administrative tasks, including travel arrangements, office set-up, and NGO registration-related activities.
- Ensure all payment requisitions presented have sufficient support documents and are arithmetically accurate, correctly coded and fully authorized in line with the MTI finance manual before payment is made.
- Issue payments both in cash and bank, with approval from Team Lead/Country Director.
- Responsible for the office cash by ensuring secure custody, complete and accurate record is held at all times and requests for replenishment are made in a timely manner.
- Maintain a record of all bank transactions and prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Maintain proper filing of finance vouchers and records in both Teams folder (soft copy) and hard copies for future reference. After verification reviews, he/she will ensure that they get returned to their archives.
- Ensure that all vouchers are referenced sequentially, stamped “PAID”, scanned and uploaded to Teams (or UBW, if using) daily according to the MTI Finance manual
- Support in the preparation of project reports and any other financial reports
- Provide technical support to non-finance staff on financial policies and procedures.
- Verify with Logistics Department that the asset register agrees with physical assets and complies with Medical Teams policy
- Participate in the preparation of cash flows and budget requirements.
- Ensure Statutory deductions, payments and remittance reports are done by designated deadlines.
- Liaise with supervisors and managers to collect timesheets.
- Provide administrative support to Finance Manger through scheduling meetings, arranging in-country travel and lodging for international staff, supporting new office set-up, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Team: Support Service
Report to (position): Field Coordinator
Work Days & Hours: Monday to Saturday 48h
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATION
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and other related fields.
- 2 years of work experience in Finance & Accounting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Basic knowledge of non-profit accounting
- Desired: Knowledge of ERP systems and computerized accounting software such as Sage, Unit4, etc.
- Excellent skills using Excel, familiar with other Microsoft programs including Teams
- Skilled in explaining financial procedures to non-finance staff
- A good command of both written and spoken English and Tigrigna, with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain detailed records with high accuracy
- Highly organized with good quantitative ability
- Ability to prioritise to manage competing tasks
- Ability to act with integrity and maintain the highest ethical standards
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information
- Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
How to Apply
Interested applicants who met the MINIMUM requirements should apply to Medical Teams International Semera Field Office or send us by email address firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must include a CV and copies of all applicable educational and work experience documents to be considered valid. Applicants called for an interview will be required to produce the original and legally valid copies of all documents.
“We are an equal employment opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Courageous, Tenacious, Selfless and Not alone.”
Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.