About CRS: “Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partner’s people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.”
In Ethiopia, CRS has a long and rich history of providing emergency relief and development assistance to the people of Ethiopia since 1958. At present, CRS/Ethiopia implements multiple projects through different partner organizations. CRS/Ethiopia has a highly diverse portfolio ranging from very large food-supported emergency response to cutting edge development programs. The current CRS/Ethiopia budget stands at $100 million with funding from the U.S. Government, UN agencies, private foundations, individual donors, and CRS private funds.
CRS strictly adheres to its Policy on Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults among its staff, consultants, volunteers, and affiliates. CRS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer: women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
As part of the CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following positions;
Position Title: Finance Officer – Operations(1),
Finance Officer – Programming (2), Finance Officer-Partner
Capacity Building & Compliance (1)
Duty Station: CRS Ethiopia/Addis Ababa
Required Number: Four (4)
Employment Term: Indefinite period
Reports To: Deputy Finance Manager
Application Deadline: October 10,2021
You will support the Finance department’s management of accounting systems, policies, and procedures in compliance with CRS’ established accounting standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations, and legal requirements to support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. As part of an experienced finance team, you will help coordinate daily financial activities through the preparation and delivery of financial services.
- Review and supporting documentation of financial transactions to ensure all required documents are accurate and complete.
- Help ensure the maintenance of all data required for processing financial transactions for assigned accounts in SunSystems financial accounting package.
- Record delegated financial transactions following appropriate authorizations. Review various accounts to detect irregularities.
- Help evaluate sub-recipient financial management processes in accordance with policy and help strengthen the capacity of the partner in financial accounting and transactions.
- Prepare delegated financial reports, as needed,
- Help share information with sub-recipients and staff on financial accounting policies and procedural compliance issues.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Positions):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
*Trusting Relationships *Professional Growth *Partnership *Accountability
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- B.A. degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration strongly preferred. Courses in accounting, or a qualification in accounting (CPA/ACCA or equivalent).
- Minimum of two years of accounting experience, preferably with an international or local NGO, or a financial/banking institution.
- Familiarity with the relevant public donors’ regulations a plus.
- Proficient in Excel and experience with Word and PowerPoint. Knowledge of SunSystems financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to detect and report inconsistencies
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively
How to Apply
Please enter via https://form.jotform.com/212733672561052 to fill a form and attach your up-to-date CV before the application deadline, October 10, 2021.
Applications should be submitted by October 10, 2021, up to 5:00 PM, late submission will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only. Phone solicitations cannot be accepted. You will be contacted only if you are selected for a written exam/interview.
** Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply**
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer