1. Post two: Finance Officer
Reports to: Finance Coordinator
Duty station : Addis Ababa with occasional travel to fields
The Finance Officer is responsible for maintaining daily financial activity to monitor and control budgetary utilization processes in the country program financial management, for proper handling of cash, check, receipts and important payment documents and to manage the store.
The job holder produces effective, accurate, timely and complete quality financial report for the intended purpose of achieving organizational objectives.
· Check and verify the timeliness validity, correctness of coded vouchers and other attributes of financial transaction as per the ActionAid Ethiopia policy and procedures.
· Ensure completeness of all receipts, payment voucher and other documents at the head office before posting into the system.
· Make sure that transactions are timely prepared, analyzed in account codes and T codes for posting within a day time of payment on a regular basis.
· Properly code, describe as per the approved chart of accounts/approved budget the regular receipts/payments and journal vouchers at the Head Office.
· Review, correct and post the HO transactions/data on a regular basis.
· Review and post FIS data collected from LRPs’ in the ledger and provide timely feedback for errors identified and consult the Finance Coordinator for the same.
· Check/browse entries/data in the ledger accounts to ensure correctness and completeness of transactions and pass correcting entries after proper approval.
· Process remittance journal entries and post intact and make sure the same entries are passed by LRPs
· Pass journal entries to record remittance receipts from the secretariat and different sources on collection of credit advices.
· Reconcile all balance sheet items (Prepayment, accrual accounts, all debtors & creditors) on a monthly basis
· Provide Support to field level staff on technical financial matters,
· Produce monthly bank reconciliation for all bank accounts using SUN system and present for approval within the 8th day of the preceding month.
· Performs other Finance Roles
· Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance Commerce or Business Administration or Financial Management with accounting option from a recognized Institution or other related area
· A minimum of four years work experience in mainstream finance in a busy and reputable institution preferably in the NGO sector.
· Sound practical knowledge of SUN systems and spreadsheet is mandatory
How to Apply
Qualified and Interested applicants should submit cover letter addressing how you meet each of the essential criteria for the positions you apply, along with recent CV no later than October 15, 2021. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the Title of Position you apply for in the subject of your email.
ActionAid will be conducting safeguarding reference checks on the successful candidate” Only short-listed applicants will be contacted